Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

labs are awesome dogs

Old 12-09-2004, 10:12 AM

Default labs are awesome dogs

This thread is just for people to talk about how much they love their labs. My black lab is 8 months and he is just coming along great. Most dosile little guy with awesome instincts. I love that dog!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 03:54 PM

Default RE: labs are awesome dogs

I have a little 5 mth old black lab. She is very smart and seems eager to learn. My daughter has a 8 mth old yellow lab. He is as big as a horse but as lovable as they come. We also have a beagle and my youngest daughter has a dalmation. Love them all but....
Labs are the best!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 04:25 PM

i have a 4 year old yellow male that weighs 92lbs. without an ounce of fat on him, a 3 year old yellow english lab, and a 7 month old balck english lab. i have hunted behind many variety of dogs and still love what the lab has to offer the best. you name it and a lab can do it as well as let my 1 year old son terrorize the daylights out of them and love every minute of him, they have become very protective of him. all good hunters and do well in field trials as well.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:09 PM

Funny that you mentioned how protective the dogs have become towards the child. I have a 14 month old black lab that has become very protective once our son was born. My wife never thought he had it in him until the day the baby arrived home from the hospitol. The baby is only 6 weeks old and our lab has taken over gaurding all of us. He now lays near us all the time and is aware of every unusual sound. I'll never regret deciding on a lab to have as a family dog and hunting partner.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:44 PM

yes it is something to think about why and how they know to be protective. I noticed the difference as soon as we brought my son home from the hospital but my wife says it is 3 times as bad when I am not home how the dogs act towards strange noises and someone knocking on the door, it is almost like when I am gone they take over as the proctectors of the family. It somewhat makes me feel good knowing that the dogs are even that much moer protective when I'm gone, only thing is this time of year I am gone a lot hunting and have the dogs with me.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:02 PM

I just put a deposit down for a lab today. This will be my second lab, the first that will hunt. I can't wait. He or she will hit 49 days on sunday January 23rd. I proably will go take a look at the pupps once or twice before I make a decision. I really have no preferance male or female, I would be interested in hearing what anyone may on this matter.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jake is now 1 1/2.......he is very protective....the only down fall is he is turning into a daddy's dog...........he is always happy, playful, listens for the most part.....i was blessed to find him for sure....he's sleepin' right now......must of been up all night, lol...
to go from a bloodhound to him was definately a change of pace.......it'll be a year tomorrow that i lost Branddee......i thought Jake would fill that void and he has alot, but now that he is daddy's dog, mommy needs one, lol........
Old 12-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

How can someone not like labs with all their good qualities? I hope to have mine running SH by summer at 18 months.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:13 PM

My choc lab Jake is 10 years old. He is all grey around the muzzle. He was a hec of a hunter. Now is retired. The problem is that you get too attached to them. The only dog I will ever own is a lab!
My wife wants to buy me one for Xmas but I am afraid it would break the old dogs heart. Especilly next year when the youngster goes hunting and he has to stay home.
I sure do miss hunting with him. I loved to spend a sunny Oct. day with just him and I in the field. Stop on the way home and share a couple hamburgers. Man I miss those times. Enjoy your new puppy and best friend.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:39 PM

That seems to be my 'problem' with every dog I have ever had-you just get too darned attached. But hey I always go find the next one!! Anyway, I am on a waiting list for a pup now so should have a new friend in March or so.

Quick Reply: labs are awesome dogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.