Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
Agressive dogs VS shy dogs >

Agressive dogs VS shy dogs

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Agressive dogs VS shy dogs

Old 02-05-2002, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Agressive dogs VS shy dogs

A friend is willing to give away his 6 month old female black labs. He said one is agressive(max) and the other is on the shy side.(boo) Example: max wont let boo eat until she has had enough.
both are good with kids

Now to my question, which one would make a better hunting dog? agressive vs. shy?
thanks guys/gals

Old 02-05-2002, 12:46 PM

Default RE: Agressive dogs VS shy dogs

What you need to find out is how these dogs react to humans not to each other. I have a female lab who is very aggressive with my older male dog but when it comes to training she is what I would consider a "soft" dog. She requires a very gentle hand in training. My male on the other hand, though he seems shy towards my female, is actually a very bold dog and required quite a firm hand while training. If I were you I'd ask to borrow the dogs one at a time for a day. Take them out individually and do some basic obedience with them and see how the dog's react to you. If you are new to training I would stay away from both a shy dog and an aggressive one, they require a lot more patience in training and can take longer to train. Try to find a dog with a middle of the road temperment, if your friends dogs don't work out you can always visit a local lab rescue.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]