Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Lurchers?

Old 07-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn
Hey bud. I'm not an expert on saluki's but they have a reputation for being sort of odd. Most cross breeds that include saluki generally pursue jack rabbits in hotter country. In the UK they are common for their European hare.

Crossing a pointing breed and a saluki may not be the best option. Not enough front end speed I'm thinking.
your probably right I was just looking at At lurchers again and was curious what a cross like that would be like. I plan to get more experience both hunting and training dogs. But I have been thinking about sometime in the future creating a spaniel type dog that is bigger, stronger and faster so it could be used on anything from small game to medium/large game. Just an idea I been thinking about and I am curious what dog would be a good idea to have in it. I know I want brits but i may start by creating a line of Brittany’s that are more spaniel like and will flush unstead of point.