Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Brittany/catahoula mix

Old 04-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Kai
Spike

Default Brittany/catahoula mix

Has anyone every had a Brittany/catahoula mix. If so what was it temperament like and was it a good hunter. And do you have pictures of it so I know what they look like. In your opinion what do you think it would turn out like and what do you think it will look and act like. And maybe what you think it could hunt.

Last edited by Kai; 04-05-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

No, and I wouldn't want one. One trails scent on the ground and the other finds scent in the air and goes on point. You would not want a dog to point hogs! I have a serious question, how old are you because you seem to be ignoring everything you have been told and just continue to cover the same ground with different questions. Hunting hogs with dogs is no joke, you don't seem to realize that or you do not want to hear it!
Old 04-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Catahoulas are hog dogs...herding type dogs. Run them down and cut them off. My Fannymae the wonder dog came from NOLA Katrina and she is a catahoula pit mix. Beautiful disposition, a herder and loves to run but her nose isn't any better than mine.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Kai
Spike

I never said I would use it to hunt hog with it. And I have a Brittany and like their temperament and they are smart. And I am looking a catahoula because they are more protective and I like there coloring. And your not factoring in a mix some pups will be more Brittany and some will be more catahoula like so depending on what they are more like will determine what I hunt. With them. I was more I interested in there look and temperament.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:44 PM
Kai
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
No, and I wouldn't want one. One trails scent on the ground and the other finds scent in the air and goes on point. You would not want a dog to point hogs! I have a serious question, how old are you because you seem to be ignoring everything you have been told and just continue to cover the same ground with different questions. Hunting hogs with dogs is no joke, you don't seem to realize that or you do not want to hear it!
And I know it's no joke I know dogs get hurt and killed hunting them. I have done lots of research about the dogs they use and other information about hunting them. I am trying to get information from people that have hunted hog and what Dogs and gear they like and use.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

You did not answer the question I ask you, how old are you?
Old 04-01-2016, 01:51 PM
Kai
Spike

You did not answer the question I ask you, how old are you?
Why should I tell you that
Old 04-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

You don't have to but your posts are as those that come from a juvenile and that makes a difference on how to answer your questions. From what you just posted, I suspect my suspicion is correct.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Kai
Spike

You don't have to but your posts are as those that come from a juvenile and that makes a difference on how to answer your questions. From what you just posted, I suspect my suspicion is correct.
how are my post juvenile the last one ya but how are the other ones juvenile.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Kai
Spike

Hello why are they juvenile

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.