Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Brittany/catahoula mix

Old 04-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

The fact that you don't know, tells me you are a juvenile. There were a couple of folks who wanted to help you, however you don't want help, you want to be told what you want to do is the thing to do. I can't do that, I am done.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Kai
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
The fact that you don't know, tells me you are a juvenile.There were a couple of folks who wanted to help you, however you don't want help, you want to be told what you want to do is the thing to do. I can't do that, I am done.
I do want help and I do listen. When have I not listened. I said I wanted some dogs for hog hunting and said I am looking at catahoula and maybe black mouth cur. For this post I was asking out of curiosity what a mix of those two breeds would look and act like. And you did not answer that question and no one else has either.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Catahoulas are a pretty rugged dog. Many have 3 colors but do come in all sorts of coloration. Mine isn't a 100% Catahoula and does have 3 colors but looks mostly like another one of the southern brand of heinz 57 mutts. She is the smartest dog I have ever owned and is just a pet with the most gentile disposition. My grandkids can take food away from her and she is totally trustworthy and gentile. She loves to run and is very fast and has the herder instincts especially with other dogs. She is black with a white blaze on her chest and white feet. Her brown color is on the underneath layer of hair. In summer her back is jet black and her sides are a beautiful color of brown. She loves to swim and spends a large amount of time in the summer chasing sticks I throw out into the water. She is about 50 pounds.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Kai
Spike

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Catahoulas are a pretty rugged dog. Many have 3 colors but do come in all sorts of coloration. Mine isn't a 100% Catahoula and does have 3 colors but looks mostly like another one of the southern brand of heinz 57 mutts. She is the smartest dog I have ever owned and is just a pet with the most gentile disposition. My grandkids can take food away from her and she is totally trustworthy and gentile. She loves to run and is very fast and has the herder instincts especially with other dogs. She is black with a white blaze on her chest and white feet. Her brown color is on the underneath layer of hair. In summer her back is jet black and her sides are a beautiful color of brown. She loves to swim and spends a large amount of time in the summer chasing sticks I throw out into the water. She is about 50 pounds.
thanks for the info
Old 04-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Kai
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
The fact that you don't know, tells me you are a juvenile. There were a couple of folks who wanted to help you, however you don't want help, you want to be told what you want to do is the thing to do. I can't do that, I am done.
...Edited by Champlain Islander...About what A Brittany spaniel and Catahoula mix would act and look like.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 04-06-2016 at 02:44 AM. Reason: flaming
Old 04-02-2016, 02:06 AM
Dominant Buck

A little bit of patience would be appreciated. Kai just asked a question.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:00 AM
Kai
Spike

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
A little bit of patience would be appreciated. Kai just asked a question.
Thanks you
Old 04-02-2016, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Catahoula's are excellent dogs. A woman I know who raises horses had one. Then there is the Catahoula/pit mix down the street. Like CI's it came north after the big blow/washout and is an active, ball crazy dog. I think and this is just a guess you'd end up with a biddable dog that would try hard top please you. May not end up a staunch pointer though.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:30 AM
Kai
Spike

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn
Catahoula's are excellent dogs. A woman I know who raises horses had one. Then there is the Catahoula/pit mix down the street. Like CI's it came north after the big blow/washout and is an active, ball crazy dog. I think and this is just a guess you'd end up with a biddable dog that would try hard top please you. May not end up a staunch pointer though.
Thank you I was thinking that to. I have a Brittany and he's a smart dog learns fast and love to run and hunt. So was curious what people thought mix of a Brittany and a catahoula would be like.There is a catahoula breeder near me so I am thinkin about getting one when I can. Thank you for your info.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:36 AM
Kai
Spike

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn
in your opinion what do you think it could hunt or do you think it would be a good hunter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.