Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 They keep life interesting ... >

They keep life interesting ...

Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

They keep life interesting ...

Old 10-26-2007, 07:47 AM

Default They keep life interesting ...

I have to take a moment to share a story with you all.

Rocco was not eating well so the Vet suggested that I pour beef broth on his food. It has been working great. Well last night I ran out of broth and I didn’t feel like driving all the way to the store. Since there is an Arby’s near the house I was kind of proud of having the idea to use their au ju sauce instead. It was even better because they gave it to me for free! Man … Rocco just loved it, he licked the bowl clean. We both walked away with a sense of deep satisfaction and, in hind sight, an innocence as to what lay in store for us. At this point I should share that as a man with out children I was always curious about a person’s apparent need to share the “poopy dipper” stories. Being a new dog owner has given me a little insight into this compulsion. I mean I can’t help but notice the coloration between dog ownership and my reluctant involvement with feces. Around 4:30 AM I awoke to what can only be described as very loud … repetitive, thick, wet spraying sound. As I ran over to his crate and open the door Rocco struggled franticly to free himself from his confinement. I discovered that the situation was much worse then anyone could possibly imagine. I still vacillate as to what was more repulsive, the sight or the smell. I quickly herded the poor fella out the back door. An hour of cleanup later I went back to bed thinking that it will be a long time before I can eat curry again.

Lessons learned …

1.While au ju sauce and beef broth may look and smell the same … they are apparently very different.
2.Never, seriously folks … NEVER, feed your dog Arby's au ju sauce.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: They keep life interesting ...

Regular beef broth alone has a TON of salt in it...I can only imagine what's all in that Arby's stuff. Your dog probably had to get outside and pee real bad as well.

On the rare occasion my dog won't eat her food up, I'll usually add an egg that I cooked up just a bit, but yet thin enough to coat the food, and then let it cool a bit.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:27 PM

Default RE: They keep life interesting ...

Plain yogurt and cottage cheese Ive found work excellent for both appetite and helping to maintain or replace lost weight.