HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - They keep life interesting ...
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 07:47 AM
mutantcoil

Default They keep life interesting ...

I have to take a moment to share a story with you all.

Rocco was not eating well so the Vet suggested that I pour beef broth on his food. It has been working great. Well last night I ran out of broth and I didn’t feel like driving all the way to the store. Since there is an Arby’s near the house I was kind of proud of having the idea to use their au ju sauce instead. It was even better because they gave it to me for free! Man … Rocco just loved it, he licked the bowl clean. We both walked away with a sense of deep satisfaction and, in hind sight, an innocence as to what lay in store for us. At this point I should share that as a man with out children I was always curious about a person’s apparent need to share the “poopy dipper” stories. Being a new dog owner has given me a little insight into this compulsion. I mean I can’t help but notice the coloration between dog ownership and my reluctant involvement with feces. Around 4:30 AM I awoke to what can only be described as very loud … repetitive, thick, wet spraying sound. As I ran over to his crate and open the door Rocco struggled franticly to free himself from his confinement. I discovered that the situation was much worse then anyone could possibly imagine. I still vacillate as to what was more repulsive, the sight or the smell. I quickly herded the poor fella out the back door. An hour of cleanup later I went back to bed thinking that it will be a long time before I can eat curry again.

Lessons learned …

1.While au ju sauce and beef broth may look and smell the same … they are apparently very different.
2.Never, seriously folks … NEVER, feed your dog Arby's au ju sauce.