Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 wenerweiners [grey ghost] >

wenerweiners [grey ghost]

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

wenerweiners [grey ghost]

Old 01-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: wenerweiners [grey ghost]

SORRY GUYS !!!

Old 01-22-2007, 09:11 AM

I had one many years ago. It was one of the smartest dogs I've ever had. It was also agreat family pet and one of the best hunters I ever had. They have a short coat exactly like a GSP and though mine retrieved waterfowl for me until I got a Lab (he also broke ice doing it) I shortened his lifeby letting him do it. He became arthritic I am sure because of all the cold waterand he was also a great pointing dog. I used him on pheasant, grouse and quail. The spelling is Weimaraner pronounced vi- mar-aner.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info all, I've been looking into a weimaraner. Just one more question -- are they heavy shedders??
Old 01-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Ours hasn't shed one hair that I have found. Very fun dogs too. We keep ours in the the house also. You can see mine in my avatar. She is around 5 months old right now I believe. She is a goofy dog, funny to watch play with the kids! About a week ago she got alot of small bumps/ sore on her about the size of a small pinky fingernail. About 25 or so of them. We couldn't figure out what they were or where they camefrom so I had my fiance take her to the vet the other day and find out she got hives, an allergic reaction to something. Not sure what though. We got her on some medicine and they seem to be clearing up pretty good but the vet says as they go away she will probably loose the hair on them but it will grow right back. Kinda goofy looking but she's getting better now. Luckily it was nothing bad and she is healing up just fine. We just recently moved back to KS a few weeks ago and don't really have much of a yard here at our place in town. Almost considering selling her just for the fact I feel bad as she needs room the run, atleast a large yard. Not sure though, she needs the room but it's hard to part with a dog. Especially sice I have been wanting another Weim since my last on passed away about 5-6 years ago. What would you guys do? I know she likes it here and we love her to death but she deserves the room,kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place ya know.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Can you take her to a park a couple times a week so she can run? That should help you out some and keeping her on a long leash if you have to to keep her of of harms wayn for a while. Also I do not know how it is there but, some neighbors that may have a large field wouldn't mind to bad and allow you to rain her there. Just a couple of ideas.

Have you been able to work her with those wings?
Old 01-30-2007, 12:13 PM

We have Wiemaraniers and they are the best dogs I have ever worked with. They are smart, energetic, and very loyal.They do however need alot of interaction because they love to be around people. They are great hunting dogs and very good familydogs.Here isour websiteto check out more about them. www.hunterskennel.com