Okay, before I show this because i'm showing it in hopes maybe some might know the guy in the story or even the butthead that did this. I love dogs and I really, really hope this guy gets caught http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1696c17574" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 this made me mad!!!!!!!! >

this made me mad!!!!!!!!

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

this made me mad!!!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2006, 01:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default this made me mad!!!!!!!!

Okay, before I show this because i'm showing it in hopes maybe some might know the guy in the story or even the butthead that did this. I love dogs and I really, really hope this guy gets caught

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1696c17574
Old 11-22-2006, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: this made me mad!!!!!!!!

Some people just have no respect for animals. I hope this guy gets caught and does some jail time for it. Thanks for posting it, hopefully someone will see it who knows who it is.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:07 AM

Very Upsetting. Why was the dog running loose? Part of the blame is on the dog owner. Why would you want the driver to go to jail? No law has been broken?
Old 11-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Teach101

Very Upsetting. Why was the dog running loose? Part of the blame is on the dog owner. Why would you want the driver to go to jail? No law has been broken?

I'll answer to the best that i can based, and even guessingon state laws.
Why the dog was running loose, who knows about that one. The guy owned the shop/area so maybe he felt he didn't need to so that you were right, he was partly to blame.As for the driver going to jail and being if lawwas broken, I don't think he broke any laws but, and this is just an guess, a dog could be considerproperty(in some states) so it could be considered property damage. There could be several laws that he broke, and because I don't know what state this happened in, i couldn't tell you what laws those were.I don't know if this incident would fall under cruelity to animals in the eyes of the lawbut it is possible.Its definetly that in my eyes.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Looked to me as the driver ran ove the dog on purpose, and that would be considered animal cruelty. Which IS against the law and you do usually get jail time for, I have actually seen people serve jail time for less. And yes, the dog shouldn't have been running loose, but the dog was on his property, not saying that it is ok but like I said, it looks as if he hit it on purpose and then backed over the dog again. An accident is one thing but this is breaking the law.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very Upsetting. I agree andI also feel that this guy has something wrong upstairs and should be put away for this. I can not believe whatI saw on this. This guy sure has no respect for living animals at all. I do not think he would have respect for anybody either for that matter. Here it would surely fall under cruelity to animals. Just to walk by and let an animal suffer like that is wrong and he surely thought it was OK to do what he had done. I think he needs some mental help! I surely hope that they catch this individual and find out what makes him tick.

I know here in a small town some folks let there dog loose, right or wrong it still doesn't justify what had happened here.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found this few minutes ago. I don't know if its for all states but it pretty much sounds like it. Its long but i highlighted the part in which this jerk can be thrown into jail, or at least charged with:

Animal law is a combination of statutory and case law in which the nature – legal, social or biological – of nonhuman animals is an important factor. Animal law encompasses companion animals, wildlife, animals used in entertainment and animals raised for food and research. The emerging field of animal law is often analogized to the environmental law movement 30 years ago. The Animal Legal Defense Fund was founded by attorney Joyce Tischler in 1979 as the first organization dedicated to promoting the field of animal law and using the law to protect the lives and defend the interests of animals. [1]
Currently, animal law is being taught at 69 law schools in the U.S., including Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, Northwestern, University of Michigan and Duke. [2] A growing number of state and local bar associations now have animal law committees. [3]
Animal law issues encompass a broad spectrum of approaches—from philosophical explorations of the rights of animals to pragmatic discussions about the rights of those who use animals, who has standing to sue when an animal is harmed in a way that violates the law, and what constitutes legal cruelty. [4] Animal law permeates and affects most traditional areas of the law – including tort, contract, criminal and constitutional law. Examples of this intersection include:
[*]Animal custody disputes in divorce or separations.[*]Veterinary malpractice cases.[*]Housing disputes involving “no pets” policies and discrimination laws.[*]Damages cases involving the wrongful death or injury to a companion animal. [*]Enforceable trusts for companion being adopted by states across the country.[*]Criminal law encompassing domestic violence and anti-cruelty laws. [/ul]

Old 11-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

To TEACH101---- why wouldn't you want this guy to go to jail?? It is obvious that he ran the dog over on purpose. If it was an accident he should have, at the very least, told someone inside. If a dog is running loose in an area where there is any amount of traffic, and he gets hit by accident the driver shouldn't be held liable, I agree that it is the dog owners responsibility to keep his dog out of harms way, but I think the driver has a responsibility to try and let the owner know what happened. This guy obviously has no sense of responsibility and I would bet that in his ignorance, he probably doesn't think what he did is much of a big deal. I hope they find out who he is and charge him with everything they can. Maybe this will at least make him think before he ever purposely runs down another animal.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:49 PM

This happened in Fargo, ND. To date, there has not been an "update" that I am aware of-- of course, it was some time ago.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:42 PM

FIND 'EM AND FRY HIM!!![:@]