Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Camo-Made in USA-is there such a thing? (And does it matter to you where it' s made?) >

Camo-Made in USA-is there such a thing? (And does it matter to you where it' s made?)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camo-Made in USA-is there such a thing? (And does it matter to you where it' s made?)

Old 11-13-2003, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Camo-Made in USA-is there such a thing? (And does it matter to you where it' s made?)

Need new camo - thought I found a great coat the other day but it was made in VIETNAM!!!!! I refuse to buy foreign goods if at all possible. Probably why my camo is so old - can' t find any made here. Is there such a thing? I live here. Not China. Not Bangladesh. Not Vietnam. What is your point of view on buying any buw hunting stuff made elsewhere?
Old 11-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Camo-Made in USA-is there such a thing? (And does it matter to you where it' s made?)

I know ASAT is made in the USA.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:50 AM

Default RE: Camo-Made in USA-is there such a thing? (And does it matter to you where it' s made?)

Your best bet might be Mosssy Oak. mossy Oak' s camo div is now owned by The Russell Corporation which you know of as the famous athletic wear brand. Russell is now partially owned by Frontier Yarn Corp which is located in N. Carolina. Fronier spins cotton into yarn and either weaves or knits it into fabric. Which is cut and sewn in either Mexico or Honduras and then sent back to the US as finished goods. These are US owned off shore operations. This is just about the best you can do these days since our domestic textile mills have been unable to compete with the foreign countries. If at least the labor intensive cut/sew/assemble operations were not being done overseas or south of the boader a camo long sleeve shirt and six pocket pants would cost you as much as a a same style scent- lok garmet does now.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ausie,

I had no idea that ASAT was actually based in PA...and darn near to where I work at that. Small world.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had no idea that ASAT was actually based in PA...and darn near to where I work at that. Small world.
See Frank you could have saved some money on the shipping

All you had to do was ask and I would have given you Chuck' s address to go pick it up [:-]
Old 11-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had no idea that ASAT was actually based in PA
I was surprised to see this too. But mine came from ASAT INT' L. in Alto, Michigan.

Old 11-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

But mine came from ASAT INT' L. in Alto, Michigan
Jeramy
Thats where Tim lives.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Ausie- I checked out ASAT' s site and it looked like some good stuff. Of course, it' s supposed to so you buy it. Is it really that good? Will it work in hardwoods with no leaves as well as the cedar swamp? Do they make anything insulated?
Old 11-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Badshot,
I just got the 3-D System suit and it works really well in the hard woods right now. Don' t know anything about cedar swamps.
HTH,
Steve
Old 11-13-2003, 06:47 PM

just bought asat not sure how good it is i will find out starting tomorrow

Quick Reply: Camo-Made in USA-is there such a thing? (And does it matter to you where it' s made?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.