Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looks like he made it >

Looks like he made it

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looks like he made it

Old 03-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Looks like he made it

I went scouting/shed hunting this evening (monday)after work. Taking advantage of an earlydaylight savings time out west this year!

Anyway, I was pretty pleased to say the least to find this bone from a buck I have video of and hunted pretty hard last fall. I saw him3 times and had him in bow range once but with no shot last fall.

I ended up finding 3 other sheds (all smaller 4x's)tonight trying to find his other side (I had three hours).His shed is anice 4x mearsuring63.5 inches. I call this buck "stretch" ...he should push 150 gross next fall and be 5.5 Not a bad 4x4 for these parts..

Old 03-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looks like he made it

Its been a decent couple of days...heres a few more pix, these are fromSundays scouting/shed hunting in a differnt area.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

some more

good track in mud, just over the bank from the stretch shed...

Lots of land out here....a fewbones on the ground in that sea of timber as well..
Old 03-13-2007, 12:30 AM

Troy!

Holy cow, man! Thats an awesome shed!

Maybe I should start giving our state land a bit more thought. It definitely makes me want to head out to Inland Paper's land to see what I can find.

Congrats, bud! Good to see your buck made it through the winter.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, I'd get out there bud, before someone else does. That last photo I shot of the country below is all most all public, or public accessible...big enough to get lost in though..thats probably 25-35 miles of visual there..

I found all of these sheds today in a northern ..the snow is finally melting enough to get in there...I figured "Stretch" shed early (probably back in Jan..) then got dumped on... and that was exactly the case..

a few more photos ....
Old 03-13-2007, 12:40 AM

Well I know we're heading out to our privateproperty tomorrow to look around a bit more and see what the turkeys are up to.

Any places in particular you think I should take a gander? I've followed most of the fencelines looking for sheds that were dropped while they hopped them, but no such luck.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh hell yes!!looks like a great day shedding. Stretch is a dandy, hope you get him.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, is your land pretty low in elevation? do you get much snow on it in Jan and Feb? Slopes? Facing? habitat make up? Timber?brushy?fields? %...
Old 03-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think we got a grand total of three inches of snow this year with three different snowsWe have a mix of low land but mostly spoil banks which are very hillylong rows of dirt from the strip mines years and years ago that are now wooded. some very thick stuff and minimal crop fields boardering it. I have found five so far and three dead buck skulls but none in the last week or so. I only have one other competitor on the whole 800 acres and he has found five also but mine were biggerAre you working nights to or are you getting an early start for todays shed hunt?[8D]I usually find about three to five a year and i really pound some area. I try and cover about all types of terrain in my area. Just not as many bucks per mile as some areas i guess but i see alot during the season. any advise?? Im all ears.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh geesh Blood..your named Dan too, duh I guess its late and I didnt notice.. ! Dan (blood) and Dan (wash)

I am gonna hit the hay guys...I am sleepy!

Blood, I will get back with you in the A.M. would love to chat shed hunting with you some more..I just dont want to sound drunk [8D]...since I am so groggy, bout to doze off here....see ya tomorrow!!

Dan (wash) if you want pm me a googleimageof your property I could really get a good perspective then..if your not comfortable with that..np.. I understand. chat with you tomorrow as well..

Troy

Quick Reply: Looks like he made it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.