Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

dog training

Old 07-29-2005, 07:21 AM
JPF
Fork Horn

Default dog training

hey guys,
this isnt really a sporting dog issue but its a dog issue, my girlfriend just bought a little puppy (shih tzu X maltese), i wanted a lab but were moving to a house in town so i thought a bigger dog might not like it so much.
Any way this little dog is 10 weeks old, and it still pisses and ****s on the floor. is this just because its to young and lacks the muscle control. If hes in his crate he'll whine to go out a piss, or if you just take him outside every few hours he'll do his business outside. But if nature calls and he's just roaming around the house he dont care he'll let fly anywhere. Just wondering if anyone has any house breaking tips for this little guy.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:02 PM

Default RE: dog training

unless you can watch him close and take him outside very, very often, keep him in the kennel. he wont go in his "den", as you have found out. the little guys need to go outside ALOT. repetition, repetition. good luck!!
Old 07-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

Few tips that may help.1. Keep aregular schedulewhen feeding the puppyand taking him/her outside. 2. Praise herwhenhe/she does it correctly. They will eventually get the idea. 3. Use a odor neutralizer. A dog's defication is much more to a dog. That's why a dog will go to the same place again and again. Only an odor neuturalizer can eliminate the odor, household cleaners can not. 4. Be patient. It took my puppy about two weeks before she got it. Good luck..
Old 07-30-2005, 05:56 PM

Laos try as soon as he gets up from his naps and eating.