Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 If your a coon hunter then read this... >

If your a coon hunter then read this...

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

If your a coon hunter then read this...

Old 07-07-2005, 12:47 PM

Default RE: If your a coon hunter then read this...

charlie brown you do need to grow up a little. he wasnt even talking about you and you just got jumping into conclusions and saying he was. i mean damn where he lives there arent even mountain lions and he was talking about coons.grow up charlie brown!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry if I offended anyone for what I said, but when you get a PM only 4 minutes before this thread was posted, it does not make this one sound very good at all.

Here is what born2hunt PM'd me only minutes before this thread. The same picture was posted in it. We were also talking about my Redbone in the previous PM's.

Well if you get your redbone pointed in the right direction with coons lemme know. I hunt in tournaments across OH,PA,WV,and KY. so if you want to put him against 2 awesome walkers you know where to find me.
So if people got a little bent over it, oh well. That was just too close of a time frame than what I would consider 2 different subjects. Sorry.

And no offense, but I think born2hunt needs to grow up a little. He asked me about my dog, and I told him that I am still needing to get some stray cats for training him. He then told me that Redbones were coon dogs, not stray cat dogs, then I told him it was for Mountain lions, then I get the next PM, and then this is posted a few minutes later, saying thatWalkers are the best coon dogs.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, and can we please cut the cussing, this IS a public forum.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:03 PM

Alright im neutral in this thing and Ill give my opinion. Born 2 hunt told you if you get your redbone pointed in the right direction with coons to let him know. maybe he meaning that something be arranged and hunt together.(just a thought).He then stated that he hunts in tournaments so if your redbone starts hunting coons you know places he will be so that possibly you guys could meet. thats how I see the whole thing. I'm not holding a grudge against any of you or anything like that. Im jus saying it how I see it. If i wanted to be a ******* about it i would be. Personally I coonhunt and I use a Walker also. So why dont everyone just call it trues..
Sound good?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:29 PM

I think some people just learned how to swear, or at least they are acting like they just learned to swear, and when I look at some of your ages on the profiles, I bet I am right.

Born2hunt, I saw the dogs on the website...They look nice, but I still haven't seen anything that leads me to believe they are the best. Probably about as good as the best of any other breed. WhatI mean is the best redbone and the best walker and the best cur are all gonna be good dogs, and there is no point to "putting them up against each other." Are the dogs on that website your dogs?

Charlie Brown, I see where you would have become confused. I would have, too.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:43 PM

no the dogs on the site arent mine... do they have to be mine to have something to prove??... Ive got my point across and im done arguing with mr redbone..
Old 07-08-2005, 12:08 AM

born2hunt,
I wasn't asking if they were your dogs so that you could prove something (which you have not done, by the way). I was only asking if they were yours to make conversation....you know? to try and stear away from the negativity of the thread. Sounds like negativity is all you wanted from the start, though. I don't know why you can't just have a good conversation. I was asking if they were yours becuase I was curious about your dogs, not so that you'd prove something. I'vealready decided that you are not going to prove anything to me becuase all of your arguements have been presented without a lot of logic. Come on, man, act like a sportsman and enjoy the conraderie of hunters who like dogs. Now, if you'd like, tell us all about walkers, and if you'd like, we'll tell you about our dogs.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:33 PM

sorry if i offended anyone ... i have 2 walkers there names are hammer and gator.. i have had a lot of people ask me ot use him as a stud dog so that they could have good walkers since they like the way he hunts and the way he is built. hammer is still comin a long and hasnt quite got the hang of it yet but im gona keep working with him and eventually he will be a tournament dog also im hoping i will have him trained well enough to run in a few this season...
Old 07-17-2005, 12:29 PM

man. you guys need to calm down. Every one has an opion. Lets just all hear this. I am around coon hunters quite a bit and have learned many things. My grandfather had a Cheap black and tan that could find coons that a $2,000 dollar walker couldnt. Ive heard of red bones being good and bad. There is no better breed. There is only a favorite breed. Not all dogs are cut out for the job. Heck my dad had a pitbull that hunted rabbits and squrirrels. Some dogs make it and others dont. Im sure every one has heard of or hunted breeds that are pot lickers.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:59 PM

Little boone,
Hey there, if you take a look at the last post before yours, you will see that the last activity on this thread was on the 8th, so I am pretty sure everyone has calmed down by now.You will also notice that any issue there has been resolved, as my last post was an effort to "calm down" the thread. I do agree with you about the potlickers, though, and that no breed is better than another. All breeds will have a few that excel at what they do and are comparable to any other breed.

Quick Reply: If your a coon hunter then read this...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.