Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Anyone who knows anything about dogs, will you please look? >

Anyone who knows anything about dogs, will you please look?

Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Anyone who knows anything about dogs, will you please look?

Old 07-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone who knows anything about dogs, will you please look?

Will you just take a look at this thread? It would be much appreciated. Idont have any idea what to do. Just take a look, please.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=1115467&mpage=1&key=
Old 07-07-2005, 02:20 PM

Default RE: Anyone who knows anything about dogs, will you please look?

DK-
217-285-5666 I am a vet in pittsfield, about 40 minutes from you. An office call is only going to cost you 20-30 bucks. from what you have described, there is no way it will cost you thousands like you said. I would be very surprised if it was above $400. Give me a call, Dr. Saxe at ghrist Vet Clinic.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

Get him to a vet ASAP! Take dogdr up on his offer. You need us to tell you this?
Old 07-07-2005, 11:47 PM

hey genious you know there are people out there called vets!!!it doesnt take a millionaire to realize that the dog needs a vet. you talk bout him suffering well heck what do you think he is doing sitting out in your yard for however long he has been out there cause youre not smart enough to take an injured animal to a vets office
Old 07-13-2005, 12:27 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your dog.dogdr is right. It shouldn't take that much. I had a bassett that the vet said her leg was shattered, probably have to cut it off. We elected for surgery to try to repair it first. She walks just like any other dog, without no problem. The good thing is, it only cost us about $250-300. good luck.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:22 AM

Well, Im not a vet, but I have had similar problems. My 3yr old Weim jumped out of the truck at about 40 mph and I thought he was a gonner. I would have taken him to the vet immediatley but he seemed fine. My wife and I took him on a good 5 mile walk afterwards. At the end of the day, he started showing signs of injury but because he was doing so well earlier, we decided to wait. Turns out, about 5 days later he was back to normal again. Now I know this next part is about a cat but bear with me, My cat broke his foot knocking over the aquarium (damn cats) and we waited about a week before we decided he wasnt healing on his own (we didnt know it was broken yet) The vet said there is nothing to worry about and on top of the emergency vet fee, we only ended up spending just over $200.00. The vet also reccomended that we not do anything about the pain, their theory was "If it hurts, they wont walk on it, therefore it will heal faster" So I dont know, take it for what its worth.