Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Shakeup at Virginia's DGIF?!?

Old 03-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Shakeup at Virginia's DGIF?!?

Whoa, check out today's (3/11/05) Richmond Times-Dispatch!!!!

http://www.times-dispatch.com/servle...=1031781514275

That stupid African safari trip with $12,000 on state credit cards is finally going to bite them in the a$$!!

Virginians: Stand by to stand by. There is going to be a big meeting on March 24 at VDGIF in Richmond. God, if I didn't have to work, I'd love to be a fly on the wall there!!! ...the meeting is expected to be confrontational... - well, GOOD!!! I hope it is!!!! [:@]

Butch A.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Shakeup at Virginia's DGIF?!?

About time! Can you believe this garbage?!

Hoffler said he won't quit as chairman and questioned the motives of Quarles, a Republican campaign contributor who was replaced on the board by Gov. Mark R. Warner, a Democrat. "I'm very disappointed that a former chairman would blindside the department in this manner," Hoffler said.
The head of DGIF acts like he did nothing wrong by misusing state funds, and then he has the gall to start talking about some partisan conspiracy theory? Give me a break!

This clown needs to go, and he can take his cronies with him.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:05 PM

Let me get this right... Woodfin was in charge previously of water quality and waste management in Virginia. And Virginia is home to at least on of the top 5 most polluted waterways on the east coast in the Elizabeth River and there are many waterways where you cannot eat the fish you catch because of pollution....Hmmm...AND He was in charge of waste management in Virginia which is also home to more landfills than New Jersey and we now import garbage from New York because we dont have enough of our own to fill those landfills....Hmmmm

My question is this. How the hell did this guy get hired in the first place?!?!?

Is it me or do the rest of you Virginians see the beginnings of a pattern of performance?
Old 03-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Spike

I say ... Good riddance !!

and bring on Waaard !!

99er
Old 03-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah man, you know it!!!

Read this article from the Roanoke Times. Man, oh man, oh man.... There is some major $&*# gonna go down on March 24th in Richmond! Woo-hoo, I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting!

http://www.roanoke.com/outdoors/billcochran/20098.html

Butch A.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:30 AM
Spike

Butch or anyone else,

Any news as to the outcome of the March 24th meeting ??

Or, it being handled like Sunday Hunting and most everyting else ... all hush hush, behind closed doors, and coveniently sent off to "a comittee" only to be swept under the rug ?? This chit is getting old really fast !!

99er
Old 03-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

I went to the March 24th meeting at the VGIF. I went for the purpose for of suggesting regulaions for the 2006 season. That was supposed to be the purpose of the meeting. It turned into a true pissing match over Woodfin and others. People spoke for him and then people spoke against him. People on both sides of the issue had good points. I think that most however are waiting for the independent audit to finish. I do feel that the media has sturred the pot and only talked about the issues from one side without getting the whole story.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey there....

From what I heard (numerous sources who were there "in the peanut gallery"), it WAS a hot meeting with both sides divided being with the DGIF and others wanting their heads on a platter.

The mega-rich chairman resigned and walked out of the meeting. The others are still on, but, nobody is saying anything or nobody knows anything yet, as they still await a full audit.

The whole thing stinks, IMHO, and has seriously hurt the reputation and trust of the DGIF. [:@]

Butch A.