Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Old 01-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Rem1100,

Why exactly do you think hunting should not be legal on Sunday?
Old 01-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

My thoughts exactly.... Could someone please tell me ONE REASON why hunting on Sunday should not be allowed?

Butch A.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rem1100 wrote:

ONLY ON PRIVATE PROPERTY..NOT PUBLIC AREAS,IN WVa..and shouldn't be allowed ,IMHO..anywhere at any time.

What is the difference in private property versus public? If I want to fish, hike or ride horses on public property on Sunday's, why can't I hunt? I do not see the relationship between private property, public property and Sunday hunting.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:56 AM

IMHO If y'all want to say we can't hunt on Sundays because of religious reasons, then how about liqour sales, abortion, gambling, etc.? I suppose those are all out on Sundays too then?

(Yeah, I know...there's a big can o' works getting opened up there...have fun!)
Old 01-10-2005, 01:27 PM

Amen to that quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

the reason that I like no hunting on sundays is because when all of the IDIOTS (yes thats what they are) that hunt with their dogs are out there chasing the deer all week, the deer need a day of rest. think of the animals, for all those doe and small deer I watch getting chased around (and shot at) by the redneck clubs they need a day off, if not they will be a bag of bones if they survive through the season. I see too many deer exhausted because dogs have been running them to death.

if you get rid of the dogs, then I'm fine with sunday hunting
Old 01-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: VAhuntr

Rem1100 wrote:

ONLY ON PRIVATE PROPERTY..NOT PUBLIC AREAS,IN WVa..and shouldn't be allowed ,IMHO..anywhere at any time.

What is the difference in private property versus public? If I want to fish, hike or ride horses on public property on Sunday's, why can't I hunt? I do not see the relationship between private property, public property and Sunday hunting.
No difference, at all... we must step back and take a LONG look at what Sundays are SUPPOSED to be for... last I read, "remember the Sabbath.." was STILL in the Book. Should liquor be sold on Sundays?...NO
should pro sports be played on Sundays?....NO..because there's NOTHING HOLY about any of these events... even when Manna (food) was sent from above in the wilderness, it WASN'T given on the Sabbath...a 2 day supply was given the day before. Now Fellows, it may seem ok by societys' standards to make Sunday "just another day"... He holds that day special...shame more humans don't... it has EVERYTHING to do with Christianity (the foundation of this nation,BTW) and its' values. I remember the "blue laws"... we were a better nation when we had them. I have a job that requires SOMEONE to work on Sundays.. hospitals don't shut down for the weekend.. so there are exceptions,granted... but hunting/fishing is NOT a Life/death act (altho some would have you believe it is). so how about giving HIM some respect?
Old 01-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

Although I understand the no hunting on Sundays is mainly in the bible belt states and some of the laws are outdated, It is my contention that,why must I practice your religon? Are we not free to practice our own religon of choice. So in affect you are saying your religon is superior to mine and I must abide by your religious rules. What is the reason you have no hunting on Sunday? Is it because the temptation is to great to hunt or are your patrons to weak? Does such a law exist to make me stop my freedom because it jeopardizes yours? I think in this day and age the whole thing is silly. I am not religious and have no desire to go to church, but just because you need a law in effect to keep your patrons using Sunday's for your weekly Sunday ritual because they are weak with tempataion doesn't mean that I should be held to the same.
If you say that your state has no hunting on Sunday because the animals need a rest.....OK I can buy that, But I can't buy no hunting on Sunday's because of some elses belief's. If you want to throw in the Sabbath thing on me, I am part Native American and my ansestor's did not have this practice. Freedom of chioce!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good points Montana Bob and I agree with you. What about the people who believe Saturday is the Sabbath....should we stop hunting on Saturdays too? Just because hunting is opened on Sunday does not mean you have to hunt....it just means you have the choice if you want.

I remember the "blue laws"... we were a better nation when we had them. I have a job that requires SOMEONE to work on Sundays.. hospitals don't shut down for the weekend.. so there are exceptions,granted... but hunting/fishing is NOT a Life/death act (altho some would have you believe it is). so how about giving HIM some respect?
Rem1100,
I'm in law enforcement so I understand what you mean by working on Sundays. However, no one forced me to take the job as I am sure no one forced you to work in the hospital. I could always quit and try to find a job that was Monday through Friday(you could attempt to get another job too), but unfortunately those jobs are few and far between. Besides, I happen to like my job as I'm sure you do too.

If you think hunting and fishing is work then maybe you need to take up another hobby. When I am in the deer stand or on a creek bank I am relaxing. There is no work about it. Maybe you need to rethink what you consider work and what you consider recreation? Or maybe even think of it this way: What is considered work to you maybe considered recreation to someone else. Think about it!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:42 PM

Why do I work six days a week sometimes.Its quite simple .I have two kids to support and a wife.My wife is a nurse who has to work alot of sundays.poeple get sick and die on sunday just like any other day. Its not greed it a reality.If sunday is just a day of rest then tell me how come when most church members in South Carolina go to resturant and eat after sunday services. Shouldn't the food service workers have the day of too.With the price of a college education for my children I will probably have to start working on sunday.For now though I will continue to hunt on sunday and every day I get a chance. Good luck everyone and happy hunting.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.