Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA hunting club

Old 10-29-2004, 04:33 AM

Default VA hunting club

Folks I just moved to the Fredericksburg area, and l am looking for a hunting and archery club club to join. Also, is there an archery range around here as well. I stopped in at Gander Mountain, and they said they had a 20 and 30 yard range. I am looking for a range that has a 3d course, as well as a complete sightng range also,

CFCE
Old 10-29-2004, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VA hunting club

CFCE..let me be the first to welcome you to the boards!!! ALso let me welcome you to the Fredericksburg area!!!

I live in the Fred. area myself and have all of my life... not sure if it is a good thinkg or not LOL Actually I am pretty happy around here.. just a little too much traffic at times but generally good people.

As far as the club goes there is a group of us on here trying to secure some land to start our own. We had a few leads this year but the fell through for one reason or another. But I spend my free time looking for land and asking to anyone I think might have some useful information.

We are going to try to hit it harder for next year. We have a few more people that are actually helpign looking for land, in the begining it was only myself and one or two others.

Please drop me a email and we will discuss further. I also might have a place I can take you on a hunt I will have to double check though.

[email protected]

thanks
Justin

ps. if you ever go on a hunting trip with Vasavage270 watch out.. he snores loudly!!!! LOL j/k Dave
Old 10-29-2004, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey CFCE,

Like Eng said, welcome to VA! We have a great bunch of guys here from all over the area. I'm in Richmond and hunt public land, WMA's, state forests, etc... and have been joining in the search for a piece of land to form a hunt club. So far, the areas surrounding Richmond are spoken for and have been in existence since probably 1872! Hunt clubs of that nature are not taking members, as (so I heard) they are mostly immediate family members and kinfolk and/or a brother of an in-law, or .....whatever. Translation: you/me/everyone else ain't gettin' in.

What we need to do is establish a range. Like, get everyone together somehow and see who lives where and just exactly how far they would travel to be able to hunt in a club. With me being in the Richmond area, I'd like to stay somewhere in the central area (Fredericksburg/Richmond/Charlottesville/Farmville).

Again, welcome to VA and the hunting.net board! [8D]

Butch A.

P.S.... Sorry, you also asked about an archery club. I have surfed the web and seen a few traditional archery clubs and IBO 3D archery clubs in Virginia. I'll try to get you a link....
Old 10-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Hey CFCE,

I would like to also welcome you to the Board, Oh by the way don't listen to Eng and Butch..lmao...

As Eng mentioned quite a few of us are searching for property to start a club. Some of us are working close and hunting together so feel free to ask of your concerns around here these Gentlemen are great friends and resources. I've had the pleasure to hunt with Eng, we had a blast, still waiting on butch and my directive to him..lmao....but in any case CFCE if we can assist please do not hesitate to contact either one of us.

It's SMOKE POLE SEASON!! guess I'll be hitting culpepper a small piece of property a friend owns I normally hunt as last resort.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Oh ENG!

My birthday is Nov 20 and I was planning on a hunt at FFF, If your game I'm willing to expense it. I owe you a hunt from Hogs Island and I like to repay that gesture. Let me know you have my home number, the cell don't work anymore since I resigned from Tarje'... lol Yeah I took that leap into a much more profitable venture. Butch your welcome to join me on this hunt if you like just bring your own BEER..lol I'll spring for the hunt but not your drinking habit if any..lmao

703-583-8216 Home Office Number just in case you lost my home number leave a message. I'm off for a week doing nothing, my goal is to tear up someones woods...lol
Old 10-30-2004, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Dave,

I thought you fell into a black hole or something... I had tried calling you cell a few times but to no avail... glad to see you alive and kicking....

I will let you know by monday as far as the 20th... I would love to go but thats my weekend with my kids. SO let me see if I can do some re-arranging and work it out.

If you off this week thats great... just so happens I might have some time off as well. Maybe we can hook up and get some meat on the ground!!

I will give you a call this weekend... I plan on being in the woods this afternoon if I get some things finished up this morning...
Old 11-02-2004, 09:06 AM

Thanks guys for the warm invite. I would very much like to assist you in helping to secure land. So please feel free to email me, and tell me what I can do to help. Also, maybe someone can point me in the direction of a bowshop and range in the area. I really do not want to drive up to Manassas if I do not have to. I like B&D, but it is a drive and 95 on the weekend is brutal.

CFCE
Old 11-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

CFCE,

Bow shop in your area Arrow's By Design 540-373-3768 tell Neal you know Justin

David.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:26 PM

I'd stay away from B&D. Very expensive and they seem to rush people in and out of the shop.
I live about 20 min from F'Burg in Orange County. I hunt a 50 acre plot here in orange that borders several hundred acres and another small 15 acre plot that borders the battlefield. I haven't hunted here but twice this year...I have been spending time hunting in Fairfax/Loundon county. Deer are thick up there.

I too, would like to help and get on the bandwagon in the search of land to hunt. I'll be losing the 50 acre plot here this year due to houses being built. Let me know how I can help.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

ive had nothing but good experiences from this place. oh, btw, its b & b archery. they know how to tune bows. as for their prices, they cant buy archery products at the same cost, as say wal mart or dicks. they are running a business there so they have to charge for their time. if you want to buy a pack of muzzy's, then just go to wal mart. if you want your bow tuned or briken down on a press, then i would go to b & B.

john

Quick Reply: VA hunting club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.