Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 VA hunting club >

VA hunting club

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA hunting club

Old 11-05-2004, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VA hunting club

I used to be a huge B&B fan.... I recommended them to everyone I cuold and even drove a few people up there so they could buy bows and stuff.

But the last few times I have been in there I was rushed out basically... I mean they are good people but it seems like if your not in their click or buying a new bow everytime you go in then they get you out as quick as possible.

I found Neal (Arrows by Design) when I was looking to get a dozen arrows and B&B did not have what I wanted...

Neal not only had what I wanted but had a really awsome price on what I got. I have been buying anything I can from him since then.... He is honest and doesnt try to sell you thinkgs you dont need. His bow tuning skills are awsome and he cutsom makes his own strings!! He also takes the time to talk to all of his customers as if they are the only customer he has and they spend a million dollars a year with him. I have been in there a few times just to ask questions and he always stops what he is doing and will answer them and explain them.

Like I said B&B iare good people and nothign against them, but I will send all of my buisness to Neal.... that is until I get my shop up and running LOL!!
Old 11-15-2004, 12:05 PM

CFCE,

I live in the Woodbridge area, and I, too, am looking for a club around the area. I made a separate post asking for info, but since this topic is relevant here I thought I'd join in. Have you had any luck finding a club? I am still in search of, for either bow, rifle or shotgun.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:14 AM

Whitewolf

that is negative on a hunting club. I am still in search of a good archery range here in the Fredericksburg area as well. LEt me know of your endeavors on finding a club.

CFCE
Old 12-21-2004, 08:57 PM

CFCE,

I haven't been able to find a hunt club around the area, as of yet. I said in a separate post that I received some information on a supposed club called the National Sportsman Association that is supposedly in Woodbridge. They seem to have a decent amount of land around the NOVA area but I don't have the money yet to join - something like 500.00 or so for "unlimited" access to the lands and the club's range. If you want to check them out, they're at http://www.nsa-inc.com. The site won't tell you all that much, but you can request info on joining through the e-mail listed. Check it out, and maybe I'll see you there one of these days!
Old 12-22-2004, 11:04 AM

Hey guys if its land in the fred, area your looking for then look no further. i am from the stafford area and i am in the process of signing a couple land leases for the next 4 hunting seasons and i am putting a club together. it will be a full managed hunting experience with everything you need to harvest some big va bucks and of course doe management as well. the land is in fauqier county 12 miles from geico on rt 17 and as you all know its doe season all season their so it will get managed perfectlly. let me know if you are intrested. we are taking members as we speak.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just PM'd you (I didn't see this thread at first....) WOW! There are many of us who have been dying to try to get into a club or try to start one up.

I am V-E-R-Y interested in a club! Please PM me with details, info, or anything you can provide. Thanks!

Butch A.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:36 PM

Ok guys heres the deal. since i am getting alot of response for info on the hunt club heres some info. i will be responding to your pms as well. we had a good club going in the orange area until the parcels of land we were renting were sold. i have alot of experience in running a succesful club. what we are going to do is lease a few different parcels of land which consist of farm land,tree farm, and harwood/ swamp land. we are going to designate one parcel to strictly dog hunting for group club hunting and we will have bow only areas as well. i want people that are intrested in more than just a one season membership. i dont mean you have to pay in advance for multiyear memberships, i mean i want you to be commited to harvesting the best animals possible and to do that it means selective harvesting the animals (buck to doe ratio) so we insure quality animals to be there the following year. there will be size limits depending on the areas so we can accomplish this. now the pieces of land we are in the process of getting have little or no hunting pressure and hold alot of deer right now. what we want to do is to build on the quality animals that are there. we will share meat when hunting as a group with either dogs or man drives. 4 wheelers are allowed and encouraged since some of the areas are huge. all the land will be posted tight and every member will have keys to all gates for the hunting areas. we will also be putting up permanent box blinds in certain areas and they must be shared so its fair. we will also be doing food plots which will consist of a bio logic blend and native sources of food such as soybeans,alfalfa,clovers,corn etc. if you have kids getting into the sport we encourage you to bring them so they can enjoy the hunting as well and we will be having a youth hunt only a couple times during the season so we can make sure our young hunters have a succesful season as well. the membership fees are not set in stone yet since i am still working to finalize the lease deal but it looks like it will be around 300.00 to 500.00 a year. all of your money goes into a club account and all money goes into the club for the lease,food plots,maintaining the land blinds,etc. their will be a monthly expense report sent out to all members so they can see exactly what their money is being used for. safety is our number one goal so we need to see hunter safety certificates for all youth hunters. we will also have a out building on one of the proprties for skinning the deer. if you have any further questions then give me a call 540-286-2408 this is a first come deal so call me and we will put you on the list. there will be a cut off number so dont hesitate if your intrested.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

VA Headhunter....

I just called you and left a message. Oh yeah, man.... You got me REALLY interested in the club! Sounds like what a bunch of us have been trying to do but never really could get it off the ground.

Butch A.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Chris,

I sent you a PM

Brad
Old 12-22-2004, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

chris,

I am very interested, I live in north stafford. I tried calling but got no answer... please give me a call at 540-764-2734 anytime its my cell...

Justin

Quick Reply: VA hunting club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.