South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Hunters

Old 07-25-2004, 02:11 AM

Default RE: Florida Hunters

i live near brandon dont like dealing with wma's hunt my uncles friends place
Old 09-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Well hey guys im new to hunting in FL. I hunt with bow, and Rifle currently looking for someone from Miami to About Ocala to share a great time in the outdoors and learn from each other.Will make some sacrifice to go up as far north as possible which wont be 2 much trouble. If anyone is intrested in trying to set up a hunt in some Pub. land well do. Thanks all for taking some time to read this reply. See u guys around.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:16 PM

I live north of Tampa. I hunt in Appalacola and hunt in Ga. This will be my first year hunting in Ga. I am pumped for this season. Bow season starts 9-11-04 in Ga. I can hunt in FL in the NW zone until the begining of Feb. That's 5 months of hunting. You gotta love that.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:44 PM

Big man, I live in Extreme southern Florida just like you. I hunt from Homestead, alligator alley, (bear island and turner river unit). Bull Creek, Green swamp and beyond up through Alabama and now Georgia. Let me know what you're looking for.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

DHF:KYLEN ever think of hunting West palm J.W Corbett or any of the State parks? If u do let me know which ones u like to hunt in. Im thinking of going to J.W Corbett but with this hurricane i would have to wait.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in altha (40mi. north east of panama city) and do most of my hunting on familys property and WMA`s
Old 09-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

OH cool Rusty how many acres does ur family own and what WMA's do u go to?
Old 09-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

My uncle has a little over 300 acres that he manages along with his neighbor who has several hundred more acres and I have a friend a little ways down the road with 500 acres that I hunted most of the time last year But we had some problems with his neighbors last year that he had also given permission to hunt his property also so i probably wont hunt there this year but I usually Hunt econfina WMA its about a 10min. drive from my house and its an awesome turkey spot
Old 09-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Ranger I hear its getting harder to get a permit for econfina or maybe thats just in the dog hunt area. I haven't hunted it in several years but there where some nice bucks up there. If you hear of any leases up that way let me know, I have one in St. Joe but would rather have one up around Jackson or N. Washington counties.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

That must be for dog permits I herd they were cutting back on them for econfina all you have to do is go get a $25 permit at walmart or where ever and it covers all managment areas in florida(use to be about $50 for 2 different management area permits) and they have the quota hunt permits I got a early gun season one last year and a muzzle loading permit in the fitzu carter(sp?) area on the other side of 20 I think the biggest deer shot in 2000 or 2001 was shot up there at econfina, But its hard to find good spots up there, every where by the creek in the oaks is all non hunting areas and the spot I hunted last year is now a huge logged field so its getting worse and worse I wanted to get a lease this year but ran into some financial trouble and had to hold off but I should have one next year, Theres usually several leases listed in the news paper but most of them I had called on were near ebro.

Quick Reply: Florida Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.