Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Florida Hunters >

Florida Hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Hunters

Old 09-25-2004, 04:12 AM

Default RE: Florida Hunters

Im from Sarasota and am looking for private land to hunt hog deer turkey. Have hunted WMAs but find the preasure a little heavy. Has anyone tried float hunting in fl and is it legal? used to do it in Michigan,awesome way to sneak up on critters! Willing to pay or swap work,grew up on farm can do just about anything,from painting to electrical and plumbing. Currently own lawn and pool serv. and painting buisness.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:11 AM

Id be interested in huntin with ya,lived in fl. for 20 yrs. Hunted here about 12 yrs. Grew up in the thumb of mich. and did alot of huntin there. Pheasant,deer,fox coon black bear in the up and jackrabbits or snowshoe hare. Very safe hunter thats a must for me ive hunted with some real winners. let me know. Lost all my hunting land in sarasota area to development.!#!#*#!
Old 09-25-2004, 07:17 PM

Hey - Better late than never..... Read the thread and am in Pompano Beach looking for hunting partner for WMA's or other land access. Am an old dog but have ammo, camo and grit to go.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Everready - did that in the Adirondaks of NY.... and am going to try and do it here in FL... if I can ever find the time between hurricane repairs..

SJWMD and SFWMD opened up some land along the Kissimmee river to public hunting and its only accessible via boat, neighbor and I are planning on it after we fix our houses.

Check the regs, its only illegal if you have a motor and am underway... can you read canoe??
Old 09-29-2004, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sewer Rat

Check the regs, its only illegal if you have a motor and am underway... can you read canoe??

Read the regs closer. If someone is paddling then that canoe is underway. All motion is to be stopped. A sailboat? the sails must be furled and forward motion must be stopped.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: TXBuyah

I also live in Miami and would like to find some places to hunt. DHF:KYLEN, where in Homestead? On the base? It's only 20 miles away from me.
There's the frog pond way down by you. I have dove hunted on a farmers private land the last two years. Heck of a nice man but you have to ask his permission each year.

Did a job for a co-workers friend this year and he said I and , who ever, in my party could dove, quail, and hog hunt on his land. Yeah baby. I'll call him in the next 3 days and let you know, just in case your interested.

I hunt ducks in the glades, Holiday park and Sawgrass. Teal, blue and green. Florida mallard. Turkeys all over. Plan on expanding my hunting areas this year. Put in for alot of special permits this year. Fingers crossed.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Due to the f ing hurricanes I've been on overload at work.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

i also live in central florida (lake county). i hunt the ocala national forest, paisley, green swamp, richloam, seminole forest, rock springs run, dexter mary farms and lake george wma's. i'm always looking for new hunt'n buddies if anyone's interested.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:18 PM

I'm in Jacksonville, but I grew up in Missouri. I hunted from the time I was 12 until I joined the Navy at 19. I'd liek to get back into the Hunt.

I re-started my collection of firearms too. I've got a Mossberg 500 12 guage and a NOrinco Ak-47 here in Jax. When I return from deployment, I'll retreive my .22 and my 30-30.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:00 AM

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i also live in central florida (lake county). i hunt the ocala national forest, paisley, green swamp, richloam, seminole forest, rock springs run, dexter mary farms and lake george wma's. i'm always looking for new hunt'n buddies if anyone's interested.
Not this season, but maybe next season! I am moving to Lake county next August or September, just in time for hutning season. I really need someone to explain the WMA permitting process to me.

Chubber
Old 10-06-2004, 01:58 PM

I'm in NW Florida in Pensacola there are several public hunting opportunities here.

Quick Reply: Florida Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.