Texas-DFW Area-NIX >

Texas-DFW Area-NIX

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Texas-DFW Area-NIX

Old 02-06-2002, 06:02 AM
Spike

Default Texas-DFW Area-NIX

Nix Shooting Supplies will reopen in late Feb. Location is Mill St. in the old town Lewisville shopping center...thier phone will remain the same...972-434-1962. They will also have a DART system and the new bows and archery assys have been ordered at the AMO show. Troy Blackall will be running the store as Manager! I will no longer be working there but will be on the shooting staff and helping Troy with a few shows and other activities when he needs me. I hope this doesnt sound like a plug for the store, as i am not employed by them anymore ...Just want to let all the good folks out there know where they are going to...I hope that i havent broken any rules of this site....if i have, i apologize sincerely.....God Bless!......Jaw

Old 02-06-2002, 07:28 AM

Default RE: Texas-DFW Area-NIX

Jaw, what happened to the original owners? I used to shop there and then I moved from DFW for a few years. I heard it had changed hands, and to be honest, I heard it wasn't the same. They were the best around in the late 80's. I'll try them again to see what the new place is about. I wish them luck.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:30 PM
Spike

GoTres,
Back in the the early 90's, Curtis Nix died and left the store to the his sons. Well to make a long story short, they sold it to a a guy named Danny Ratliff. Danny owns several other buisiness and is an airline pilot. The hospital in Lewisville had been trying to buy up all the land in the surrounding area and finally made an offer to Danny that he just couldnt pass up. So Danny just decieded to close up shop and take the money and run. So he did. Seems as though Troy had talked him into reopening in a different location now. So, there ya have it my friend, the whole scoop!....lol....Jaw
Old 02-07-2002, 08:13 AM

Thanks for the update. Maybe I'll see you around there. With spring around the corner, my garage will be warming up soon. I'll be out there tinkering with the "perfect dove load."
Old 02-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Spike

I hooked up with troy yesterday and he took me by the new store location. Boy Howdy, is it ever gonna be nice!!!!!Still not quite finished with construction yet, but it wont be long. Lots of room and the Dart system will soon be installed. The store will also have indoor (archery) shooting lanes which will handle about 5 shooters at once. Sure gonna be nice. Guess i'll be spending some major time in there flinging some arrows and trash talking...LOL...Hope to get some night leagues set up soon.....Jaw