Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-23-2016, 04:16 PM
Spike

Same thing for me lol. I'd be just as happy with a spike if it was legal as I would be with a monster. Ya can't eat the rack anyway. There's a place I hunt in the fall during archery where I see a bunch of deer but they're mostly does and they're either too far to shoot or I see them as I'm packing out. You sound like you have a decent place there though. I think that spot I go to I'll have to stick to during archery only because it's far too crowded during gun.

I play by the same rules when I'm turkey hunting. Whether it's a jake or a big mature gobbler it's going down. Last year when I shot my first Osceola at GS I knew he had a beard on him and I shot. When I trotted the short distance and realized just how big he was I was ecstatic. I think only one guy beat me for biggest bird taken and his/hers had a 13 inch bird and was taking at the other check station and mine was the biggest on the 471 side. Unless someone came the last week and got one bigger but I wouldn't know, I decided to sleep in those days haha.

As for the siting in, my shotgun hits pretty much dead on out to 100 yards. At 100 yards should hit about an inch low. So basically if I aim center mass out to 100 yards I'm either double lunging it or I'm getting a heart shot. Either way, it's putting them down. And if it's closer than 25 yards, I might just have to take a chance with the revolver lol.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

WOW!! got a turkey in the GS..you are doing real good ..and real fast..Generally a hunter gets a little better every year..you are kicking butt. I've got 2 turkeys out of there..

The squirrels are pitiful..I'm hoping to get a hog during small game..My spot is actually better for hogs..My deer spot shows ZERO deer signs..no rubs..no tracks..no dropplings..you can just look at some spots and say..uh huh..this place is a good spot.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

My wife's present..I couldn't load pic..so here it is on my facebook pg.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004576636699
Old 01-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

Anybody get out to the swamp this weekend? What's the harvest numbers at with one week to go?
Old 01-24-2016, 01:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I was there Thurs..i don't do the weekends..too many crazies..Count on Rockridge was about 15 ..
Old 01-24-2016, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

I was out there this week and it was 13 rockridge and 28 471 side last I checked.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Spike

My cousin went out yesterday and killed two hogs. I will probably be out there fri targeting hogs. Anyone seeing any more rut activity?
Old 01-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Woods..Woods..what is your name? I forgot... I'll be out there sometime next week God willing..at my age I'm good for 1 or 2 hunts per week...my spot is a mile away..
Old 01-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I was out there this week and it was 13 rockridge and 28 471 side last I checked.
Wow...I'm really surprised that the deer numbers are that low...even with the new antler regs...I thought once January rolled around there would be a good number of nice ones taken...and the numbers would bump up a good deal...
Old 01-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

The mornin I shot my buck while goin in the gate I had a talk with the check station guy (older gentleman) and the way he talked the # of deer now in the swamp is way down from what it used to be...he pointed most the blame toward coyotes...which I could see a possibility but didn't know the coyotes were that bad in the swamp...and from what I heard there has been more hog trapping occur in in the off season and that would explain the very low hog numbers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.