HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Greenswamp wma hunters
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 04:16 PM
NY2FL
Spike

Same thing for me lol. I'd be just as happy with a spike if it was legal as I would be with a monster. Ya can't eat the rack anyway. There's a place I hunt in the fall during archery where I see a bunch of deer but they're mostly does and they're either too far to shoot or I see them as I'm packing out. You sound like you have a decent place there though. I think that spot I go to I'll have to stick to during archery only because it's far too crowded during gun.

I play by the same rules when I'm turkey hunting. Whether it's a jake or a big mature gobbler it's going down. Last year when I shot my first Osceola at GS I knew he had a beard on him and I shot. When I trotted the short distance and realized just how big he was I was ecstatic. I think only one guy beat me for biggest bird taken and his/hers had a 13 inch bird and was taking at the other check station and mine was the biggest on the 471 side. Unless someone came the last week and got one bigger but I wouldn't know, I decided to sleep in those days haha.

As for the siting in, my shotgun hits pretty much dead on out to 100 yards. At 100 yards should hit about an inch low. So basically if I aim center mass out to 100 yards I'm either double lunging it or I'm getting a heart shot. Either way, it's putting them down. And if it's closer than 25 yards, I might just have to take a chance with the revolver lol.