Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

What are the numbers like in there so far this year? Any nice deer? I'm it itchin to get out there this weekend!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by greenswampman
no havent seen no buck signs yet goin little futher back this weekend to check my other spot
I aint seen none either besides one small spike rub...i have sat in 2 of my off the beaten path spots...and aint seein much in the way of deer action...everyone i have talked to seems to be havin the same results...
Old 10-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
What are the numbers like in there so far this year? Any nice deer? I'm it itchin to get out there this weekend!
Think 471 side as of sunday was 5 deer n 3 hogs...one was a 4 point
Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

It's weird nobody is seeing much deer movement in the swamp. I have only had week days off until this weekend and have hunted richloam twice this year. Both times I have seen deer. Unfortunately does can't be taken in there as in GS. So word of encouragement guys hang in there because they are moving!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

It's weird nobody is seeing much deer movement in the swamp. I have only had week days off until this weekend and have hunted richloam twice this year. Both times I have seen deer. Unfortunately does can't be taken in there as in GS. So word of encouragement guys hang in there because they are moving!
Well thats encouragin...what time of day ya been seein em?...i myself have thought on goin to richloam...know a couple good spots over there...
Old 10-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Spike

looks like im headed to the baird unit this weekend for an archery hunt been wantin to hunt this area long time
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by greenswampman
looks like im headed to the baird unit this weekend for an archery hunt been wantin to hunt this area long time
Baird unit is a good area...might do some good in there...im gonna be back at the swamp this weekend...hopefullly at least get a shot off at somethin...
Old 10-26-2012, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

I saw 3 does about 930 am and the next day I hunted evening only and saw what looked like a small buck right before dark. I hunted in there several times last yr during archery in spots I know have deer and I didnt see a thing. This year is a different story I would assume because of how wet it is.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

I saw 3 does about 930 am and the next day I hunted evening only and saw what looked like a small buck right before dark. I hunted in there several times last yr during archery in spots I know have deer and I didnt see a thing. This year is a different story I would assume because of how wet it is.
Nice...Im thinkin thats whats goin on with some of my spots in the swamp...quite a bit more water mighta pushed em outta there...
Old 10-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Spike

Hey guys good luck out there. Turns out I can not go to GS for my Quota hunt due to a schedule conflict. It is for general gun 11-17-12. Thanks a bunch again for all your help. Does anyone know if I have to notify FWC of my cancellation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.