Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Spike

Seems like the common theme this year is people just out having their daily stroll walking up on people trying to hunt. About a week ago I pulled up to a spot for an evening hunt. Had gotten all settled in and about 10 minutes later some guy just started target practicing. Couldn't have been more than a couple hundred yards from me and it didn't end until a little before sunset. Public land sure is fun hunting
Old 01-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Spike

Yeah for real. I was talking to the check station attendant on the way out for a while and he said they had someone in a stand watch 3 guys walk up with no orange on and sit down on the ground while one of them was taking random shots with his rifle at different trees and stuff. FWC was called on them. Some people have no respect or consideration for others. If I go out to hunt and theres someone parked at the entrance to a trail or road I'd like to use, I just simply go to another place. I will never park where someone else is if I don't know them personally and just take it upon myself to hunt where they are. You never know what could happen and it's just common courtesy. There's too much property out there to try and jam up on top of other people.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Spike

Exactly my point. 50,000 acres and everyone feels the need to be all bunched together. I pass a spot I've been wanting to hunt all week and someone's there I simply move on. The last time I was out I had someone driving down a trail clearly marked no vehicles beyond this point. Guess it's just too hard for some people to follow the rules. During turkey season I'm going to have to scout out all new spots because they've just become too crowded this season. Frustrating to say the least but it is what it is.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Spike

Yeah that's the truth. Not many people want to work together and help each other out or at least be courteous. I have no problem hunting an area with someone else who is scouting the same area or whatever but at least show up before daylight haha. I get there before the gate opens and get to my spot and start moving towards most spots I hunt around 5:30. Gives me good time to get there and set up and in the seat before daylight is thinking about peeking through. I sit in the truck for a good 15 mins before even getting out and would happily discuss the area with anyone else wanting to go to the same spot but damn don't show up in the middle of the morning and clang your chair all the way through the woods and throw your circle k coffee cup in the bushes of the side of the road and for sure don't bring your dang barking dog in haha
Old 01-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Boosrted....I took my seat to a park today to work on it sliding down the tree...I have the Summit backpacker..it folds up to 4 inches..I love it..I bought rwo..anyways here what works...There is a little bungee that is part of the back of the seat..If I wrap that twice around the main cable and then hook it ..it can only slip 3-4 inches..MAX..which aint bad..

Also..WOODS ..you can pattern your shotgun for free at tenoroc...I shot my 3 inch Remington 00 buck at 20, 30 and 40 yds using full chioke..It's ok but not really thrilled..so I oedered some flite control Federals from cabelas....supposed to be the best of the best...Had 5 star review..

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-05-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

That's nice you can pattern it for free, I will have to do that when I start trying some 3.5" turkey loads. Hunted Monday morning in the swamp and didn't see anything. The spot I had my stand always had tracks and we always had pictures of deer but this year no more tracks. Had a few pictures during archery and now in the last month I've had nothing. Thursday will be a short morning hunt in a different spot and then more scouting.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah..I'm keeping my hunting updates low {--; until the season is over..There are folks who try and pattern other hunters..not good. lol
I mean folks who don't post here but linger here..
Old 01-10-2016, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Woodsman 88 I took your advice...I ordered 3 boxes of 00 Buck FEDERALs ..and used full choke...HUGE difference...my go to round..40 yds is max though..but very confident up to 30 yds..at 20 I get all 15 pellets in the vitals..I get around 6 at 40 yds...also 1300 FPS instead of 1200
Old 01-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Spike

awesome to hear his info helped you out chuck!
Old 01-11-2016, 02:17 AM
Dominant Buck

yes sir..this site can be awesome...In 2005 I had a hunt invite to the Ozarks..a 16 hour drive...I went and got a nice 8 point in 30 minutes...have met face to face a lot of nice people on here..Woods88 went to the same Bible College as me..very nice young man

thx for your input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.