Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 05-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the info ..very nice deer mount...The way I read it..you can still hunt does at the Green Swamp during archery..Is this correct?
Old 05-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome...thanks...yes still can shoot does for archery in the swamp...I tried for some hunts in areas that were already 3 point minimum on one side antler restrictions such as upper hills and Baird unit...because way the new restrictions are is 3 on one side or 10 in. Main beam and this applies to all the wmas...my thinkin is odds of getting a "shooter" in one of these areas will be better odds due to the 10 in. Main beam rule. For example season before last on a muzzleloader hunt in upper hills I had a nice 3 point (fork on one side spike on other) with pry 12 in. Main beams within 20 yds. But because of the 3 on one side this buck was not a " shooter" . With this 10 in. Main beam deal that buck would now be a shooter or like the spike I shot in green swamp had 10.5 in. Spikes he would still be a shooter under this new rule to my understanding. This year the FWC has made some great changes for us and I think because of these changes we will soon be seein more trophy class bucks comin outta all our public lands.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

The quota results are out...what hunts did y'all get?
Old 07-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Praire for archery and Muzzle loader...firearm is GReenswamp
Old 07-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Nice...for muzzleloader I got Croom, General gun Green Swamp, archery nota, wild hog nota, did pull the last 2 gun hunts in GSW again for special opp looking forward to those. for archery buddy of mine got weekiwachee so gonna hunt that with him and for wild hog dog they done moved it back up in the swamp before archery starts but the positive is still hunters can get in too will be a good scoutin opportunity before the archery starts couple weeks after...gonna also hunt upper hills muzzleloader with my dad n buddy of mine...so got some scoutin to do in this FL heat
Old 07-13-2015, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

I attended the big buck expo this past weekend and was able to verify with the FWC that the 10 inch main beam/ 3 point one side rule minimum WILL allow the take of bucks as small as spikes with 10 in. Spikes. As long as the beam is 10 inches it's a shooter no matter a spike 3 or 4 point. I did argue the point that I believed in areas such as Green Swamp that tend to carry tall rack genetics that allowing the take of 10 in. Main beam bucks would still not do much to protect 1.5 yr. old deer with tall racked genes. I was told that the biologist came up with the restrictions and feel they will best meet the needs of management in that area with kind of an attitude. As I was about to express if the biologists knew so much about what was going on in the swamp then why had it taken so long to get the dates moved up to better align with prime rut time my girlfriend tugged me on cause she knows I get fired up about my huntin lol. I'm seriously considering going back to school to pursue a career as a wildlife technician or biologist for the FWC. I think more often than not the biologists don't do much huntin there selves and don't see as much as us hunters see. I think it would do some good to have someone like myself involved in the grand scheme of management on our public lands.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Since they moved the season up a month..I won't be scouting until Sept..

1. Riht now is not what it will look like in 2 months..with the rest of our summer rain.
2. Praire is too for to drive

I have searched the satellite though for a couple of hours..I believe I have a couple good prospects.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Since they moved the season up a month..I won't be scouting until Sept..

1. Riht now is not what it will look like in 2 months..with the rest of our summer rain.
2. Praire is too for to drive

I have searched the satellite though for a couple of hours..I believe I have a couple good prospects.
Yea I'm mainly gonna start scoutin GSW...get some cameras out n try to locate areas that are holdin some big boys so come the hunts I have a few key areas to fall back on in case one of my spots go dry...will pry start scoutin gs come next month
Old 07-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

I am first in line for the last green swamp west hunt. The deadline for everyone is midnight tonight. How long after that deadline if someone does not pay before the permit becomes available to me?
Old 07-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I am first in line for the last green swamp west hunt. The deadline for everyone is midnight tonight. How long after that deadline if someone does not pay before the permit becomes available to me?
Cool deal...Should be tomorrow...reckon I will see ya out there I got that hunt as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.