Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 07-22-2015, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I am first in line for the last green swamp west hunt. The deadline for everyone is midnight tonight. How long after that deadline if someone does not pay before the permit becomes available to me?
Did you by any chance get drawn for the hog hunt in GSW? I'm tryin to get in there to be able to do some scoutin for the deer hunts...specifically that last hunt...being that by that point those deer are feelin some pressure
Old 07-22-2015, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Did you by any chance get drawn for the hog hunt in GSW? I'm tryin to get in there to be able to do some scoutin for the deer hunts...specifically that last hunt...being that by that point those deer are feelin some pressure
No I only got the gen gun hunt. I'm going to start scouting soon. I've only been in there twice for small game. I gotta start finding where some areas are that at least hold some big boys.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Aight cool...yea it's definitely tough pinpointin some good ones on 35000 acres only havin 4 days to make it happen when the hunt comes...I was surprised that last years hunts didn't really produce many big ones...there were pry 5 or 6 including mine that were what I consider real nice bucks...majority were 7 and 8 points that were decent 14 inch spreads but nothing more than what ya would expect out of any other wma but there are some good ones in there I think they are just like any other mature bucks mostly nightwalkers...Hopefully we can both get on em
Old 07-22-2015, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

I'm gonna start riding my bike in mornings or evenings out there and maybe later in the year start running a few cams. Put in the work now and at least get some better odds during the four days. Have you ever hunted across the river in there or known anyone who has? I've been contemplating checking it out
Old 07-23-2015, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

Yea I gotta get another bike definitely helps some...definitely worth starting to look around...i personally have not I have heard of a few people doing it...I may try it sometime...take my kayak or Jon boat
Old 08-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Soooo went out for a hike to the woods yesterday...walked in because of course gates are locked and got bout a mile down the road and there was a truck parked along side the road...apparently scouting as I was...I guess if ya are with swift mud or the Fwc you are entitled to drive in year round?...must be nice
Old 08-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

I was out there yesterday also riding my bike. Saw truck tracks but no trucks. I saw a ton of turkeys and one doe. Should have brought a fishing pole to fish the ditches that's how much water there was.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I was out there yesterday also riding my bike. Saw truck tracks but no trucks. I saw a ton of turkeys and one doe. Should have brought a fishing pole to fish the ditches that's how much water there was.
O was ya? GS OR GSW?...lol yea I found A little pond slap loaded with looked like bluegill n catfish...was thinking the same thing...I seen a couple doe n one turkey...heard a hog...seen a fox...no bucks
Old 08-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
O was ya? GS OR GSW?...lol yea I found A little pond slap loaded with looked like bluegill n catfish...was thinking the same thing...I seen a couple doe n one turkey...heard a hog...seen a fox...no bucks
GSW. I thought I heard a truck out there and thought that was kinda strange but figured it was fwc riding through. I don't think they should be able to drive in and scout all year like that. Not very fair to the rest of us. Hopefully they had a reason like a handicapped permit or something.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

There was a lot of tree harvesting going on during the turkey hunts. Could that be the truck activity you guys are seeing or hearing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.