Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 11-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

This was the buck I got at 3 lakes..in 2010.sat all day..read the entire book of Matthew...believing
God for a deer..The Lord provided..I sincerely believe God brought this buck..I would read a few
verses and scan the woods..I got into my stand at 5:00AM ...I was only 4 yds from the bayhead.
.I used the "Can" read a little bit..looked to my left and a deer was standing 5 yds from me..CRAP!!!!
I grabbed the gun looked again and the deer was 50 yds away and flsashing a bright whitre tail...
I have no idea if it was a buck..probably was..I decided to move away..I was too close..I chose
a pine about 90 yd away..sat for the remainder of the day..I kept getting reminded.."When you pray,
believe that you already have the answer", I was thanking God all day for my buck..but the sun
is down..and no deer in sight..my countenance dropped...another strike out..in 15 minutes I was coming
down the tree..It's 5:10 PM and in Dec. that is getting rather dusky...Whoa!! is that a buck..looking
right at me...The Spirit in me YELLS "Freeze, DON'T MOVE!!" The buck was gone...but I still froze.
.I clicked off the safety..which seemed very loud..CRAP!!! the deer had been to my right so it was impossible
to shoulder the gun without moving..yet..the deer just vanished..I waited a good 10 minutes in this
position..when brown caught my eye..IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD only about 45 yds in front of me.
.the deer's head was comfortably eating and hidden behind a bush..a hunter's dream shot...{-; another
problem..I'm shaking like a leaf..the cross hairs are going from the front shoulder to the tail...like a kid
trying to hold a 60 pound pull bow..when the hairs would hit the vitals I was going to shoot..POW!!!
Oh my ..the deer disappeared again...now it was nearly dark...either it escaped or died instantly..I
started walking and saw the tine sticking up...JOY UNSPEAKABLE filled my heart..and praise filled my
mouth..I made about 4 phone calls and drug him to the truck..THIS IS WHY I HUNT!!!!!LOL

Last edited by Chuck7; 11-21-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
This was the buck I got at 3 lakes..in 2010.sat all day..read the entire book of Matthew...believing
God for a deer..The Lord provided..I sincerely believe God brought this buck..I would read a few
verses and scan the woods..I got into my stand at 5:00AM ...I was only 4 yds from the bayhead.
.I used the "Can" read a little bit..looked to my left and a deer was standing 5 yds from me..CRAP!!!!
I grabbed the gun looked again and the deer was 50 yds away and flsashing a bright whitre tail...
I have no idea if it was a buck..probably was..I decided to move away..I was too close..I chose
a pine about 90 yd away..sat for the remainder of the day..I kept getting reminded.."When you pray,
believe that you already have the answer", I was thanking God all day for my buck..but the sun
is down..and no deer in sight..my countenance dropped...another strike out..in 15 minutes I was coming
down the tree..It's 5:10 PM and in Dec. that is getting rather dusky...Whoa!! is that a buck..looking
right at me...The Spirit in me YELLS "Freeze, DON'T MOVE!!" The buck was gone...but I still froze.
.I clicked off the safety..which seemed very loud..CRAP!!! the deer had been to my right so it was impossible
to shoulder the gun without moving..yet..the deer just vanished..I waited a good 10 minutes in this
position..when brown caught my eye..IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD only about 45 yds in front of me.
.the deer's head was comfortably eating and hidden behind a bush..a hunter's dream shot...{-; another
problem..I'm shaking like a leaf..the cross hairs are going from the front shoulder to the tail...like a kid
trying to hold a 60 pound pull bow..when the hairs would hit the vitals I was going to shoot..POW!!!
Oh my ..the deer disappeared again...now it was nearly dark...either it escaped or died instantly..I
started walking and saw the tine sticking up...JOY UNSPEAKABLE filled my heart..and praise filled my
mouth..I made about 4 phone calls and drug him to the truck..THIS IS WHY I HUNT!!!!!LOL

Good lookin deer there Chuck...nice job
Old 11-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Well openin day in the swamp i scored with a 125 lb. boar hog...took a lotta wrk gettin him out got hung up in the process luckily some good guys with a 4x4 was able to yank me out n for doin so i split the meat with them...as i was cleanin the hog on 471 side 2 bucks were brought in both smaller about 100 lbs. a 4 point n a 5 point...n today there was a spike n i got to see what looked like a purty nice 4 or 6 in the back of a truck at the checkstation as of today bout 12 471 side had 4 bucks n 3 hogs checked out...not that great considerin the amount of people out there this weekend...on the way out seena fire truck n ambulance goin up levee...apparently somebody took a nasty fall out of a treestand n broke their hip...hopefully that person will be ok...
Old 11-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

My permit doesn't start until Wednesday so I'm itching to get to my new spot. Does anyone know if your allowed in without a gun to put up stands if your permit doesn't start til Wednesday?
Old 11-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Congrats sir..by the way..what is your first name..your screen name is too long to type lol
Old 11-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Woodsman88. I would say yes..since hikers can hike all year long..tell them you are a hiker
Old 11-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
My permit doesn't start until Wednesday so I'm itching to get to my new spot. Does anyone know if your allowed in without a gun to put up stands if your permit doesn't start til Wednesday?
I wouldnt think it would be a problem
Old 11-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Congrats sir..by the way..what is your first name..your screen name is too long to type lol
Thanks...lol...name is Joey
Old 11-25-2013, 08:54 AM
Spike

Was out in Bull Barn Grade last two days... Slightly disappointed at the number of reported pulls... Is it always that small? Had a blast though! Don't know if the boss will let me disappear for the last day of my quota. Although she did enjoy my waist deep in the swamp story...

Stopped to talk to the family of the guy who fell out of the tree on Sunday. Mom? Says the guy wasn't wearing a harness... I'm sure that I'm preaching to the choir here; safety gear use it! Took the EMTs quite awhile to hike in and extract that hunter. Thankfully he was stabilized and no life threatening injuries.

Field report: Plenty of fresh droppings and tracks... Observed ZERO deer directly LOL, thems the breaks. Hog sign again aplenty but zero direct observations.

Best of luck folks. First time for me in the swamp and I went DEEP as I could cutting it close if not late to beat first light. GPS tracked me to 1.4 miles in, I'm guessing I need to go deeper.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow! That is deep..surprized you didn't see something...i didn't have a quota..but plan to hunt it hard after the following Monday...I have 3 big spots to try...i know their is game but need to find that perfect set up spot...Hope ya get some game for your freezer...
Chuck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.