Va Outdoor Sportsman Show >

Va Outdoor Sportsman Show

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va Outdoor Sportsman Show

Old 08-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default Va Outdoor Sportsman Show

The show is this coming weekend at the Richmond Raceway complex. Just goolge them and you will see the hours that it is open.

There will be representatives to many of the Sportsman Associations that lobby for the various changes that have come up and will in the future. It would be a great time to discuss with them their views on many of the issues that face us today. Organizations like the Va Hound Dog Association that has been all the uproar for ther Anti Sunday Hunting stand and lobbying against what 64% of Va hunters want. They say they represent over 50,000 of us hunters and speak for all of us. Stop by and talk to them about their stand. let them show how they feel and if they will continue to stand with other anti hunting organizations and against property owner rights. If you are for the continuation of the ban then stop by and tell them you support their efforts.

Now is the time to meet them face to face and see if they can still support that stand after even the VDGIF has come out in support of the removal of it. Will they stand against it this year or wiil they relent to the wishes of the majority?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

i will be there sunday for sure
Old 08-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the VA Hunting Dog Alliance response when asked if they were going to display their Anti Sunday Hunting stance at their booth at this show. This is verbatum:

"I don't have the time to type everything I want to say but I will share a few things. Getting ready for the show limits me from stopping my world and addressing your request when you want it done. You might find it hard to believe but you really don't register on my list of priorities. BUT! lets get a few facts straight.
I am glad you are a supporter for Sunday hunting. Good for you. Its healthy for all Americans to express their opinions. It is a freedom that was fought hard for but, understand this: Hunting on Sunday is not going to pass in 2012. So, don't get so wrinkled over the issue.
You state that 64% are in favor. That is a total untruth. We know what the statistics are, don't try to B.S. us. We know exactly who is pushing this agenda and you will see that you don't have nothing like the support you think you have. There has not been one legitimate poll taken that gives any kind of the results you claim. Legitimate poll is defined as a poll that is non-objective or prejudice in its process of obtaining the public's opinion.

The last thing the Alliance would want to do is to cause a separation between hunters, regardless of what discipline they may be. The VaHDA fight for the rights of all hunting interest, not just hunting with dogs. Hunting on Sunday's is not good for Virginia. You know as well as I that, only the bow hunters will get to hunt on Sunday. The rest of the hunters will not be able to so, the rabbit, squirrel, bird, waterfowl, deer, bear, and raccoon hunters will not be allowed. (This came straight from Bob McDonald) But, of course you know that. It is your plan to get all hunters on board to support the idea so as to show a majority in overwhelming support but all the time knowing that only bow hunters will get the privilege.

Why is it fair that only 14% of the licenses holders get this privilege and the remaining 86% of licenses holders get nothing? Are you concerned in the majority, or just your own interest? If Sunday hunting is ever legalized, it will only be a few years thereafter and the black powder hunters will want to do it. Eventually, they will get their way and then will come those who want to hunt with dogs on Sunday. When that happens, that will be the beginning of the end for hunting with dogs, and we will fight that to the bloody end.

Urban bow season comes in September 3rd. Regular Bow season comes in Oct 1. Urban season starts again in January and runs until March 31. That gives bow hunters over 28 weeks of hunting compared to 7 weeks for the deer hunters and about 3 to 4 weeks for the bear hunters. Yet, they make up 55% of the overall hunting licenses. Where is the fairness? Where is the logic? Once hunting on Sunday is legalized, what's next? get rid of hound hunting so you can have it all?
We must all share the resources together. The Alliance has been on a 3 year campaign in trying to educate hound hunters to respect still hunters by trying to keep the hounds out of the woods during their periods of hunting. It's a shame that still hunters can't try to work with the hound hunters equally as much."

This from one of the Board of Directors of this Alliance. They say they represent the majority of Virginia Hunters to the General Assembly. Their website: www.vahda.org.

Last edited by vapahunter; 08-10-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Apparently he missed the "beginning of the end" for hunting with dogs a few years back.....he also says we must all stand together but his bias against bowhunters is not very well disguised....
Old 08-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

I have a feeling there is going to be some drama at the show. Just sayin....

VA

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Here is the VA Hunting Dog Alliance response when asked if they were going to display their Anti Sunday Hunting stance at their booth at this show. This is verbatum:

"I don't have the time to type everything I want to say but I will share a few things. Getting ready for the show limits me from stopping my world and addressing your request when you want it done. You might find it hard to believe but you really don't register on my list of priorities. BUT! lets get a few facts straight.
I am glad you are a supporter for Sunday hunting. Good for you. Its healthy for all Americans to express their opinions. It is a freedom that was fought hard for but, understand this: Hunting on Sunday is not going to pass in 2012. So, don't get so wrinkled over the issue.
You state that 64% are in favor. That is a total untruth. We know what the statistics are, don't try to B.S. us. We know exactly who is pushing this agenda and you will see that you don't have nothing like the support you think you have. There has not been one legitimate poll taken that gives any kind of the results you claim. Legitimate poll is defined as a poll that is non-objective or prejudice in its process of obtaining the public's opinion.

The last thing the Alliance would want to do is to cause a separation between hunters, regardless of what discipline they may be. The VaHDA fight for the rights of all hunting interest, not just hunting with dogs. Hunting on Sunday's is not good for Virginia. You know as well as I that, only the bow hunters will get to hunt on Sunday. The rest of the hunters will not be able to so, the rabbit, squirrel, bird, waterfowl, deer, bear, and raccoon hunters will not be allowed. (This came straight from Bob McDonald) But, of course you know that. It is your plan to get all hunters on board to support the idea so as to show a majority in overwhelming support but all the time knowing that only bow hunters will get the privilege.

Why is it fair that only 14% of the licenses holders get this privilege and the remaining 86% of licenses holders get nothing? Are you concerned in the majority, or just your own interest? If Sunday hunting is ever legalized, it will only be a few years thereafter and the black powder hunters will want to do it. Eventually, they will get their way and then will come those who want to hunt with dogs on Sunday. When that happens, that will be the beginning of the end for hunting with dogs, and we will fight that to the bloody end.

Urban bow season comes in September 3rd. Regular Bow season comes in Oct 1. Urban season starts again in January and runs until March 31. That gives bow hunters over 28 weeks of hunting compared to 7 weeks for the deer hunters and about 3 to 4 weeks for the bear hunters. Yet, they make up 55% of the overall hunting licenses. Where is the fairness? Where is the logic? Once hunting on Sunday is legalized, what's next? get rid of hound hunting so you can have it all?
We must all share the resources together. The Alliance has been on a 3 year campaign in trying to educate hound hunters to respect still hunters by trying to keep the hounds out of the woods during their periods of hunting. It's a shame that still hunters can't try to work with the hound hunters equally as much."

This from one of the Board of Directors of this Alliance. They say they represent the majority of Virginia Hunters to the General Assembly. Their website: www.vahda.org.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

Wish I could be there to give them a piece of my mind, but I am on vacation in SC.

The tone of his response is extremely unprofessional and accusatory. He also makes the false assumption that only bowhunters will be able to hunt on Sunday; it seems he pulls this falsehood out of his @ss so that he can make the argument that pro-sunday hunters are in the minority. It doesn't hold water for a number of reasons, the first one being that anyone can get into bowhunting for less than $400 in equipment, so even if it was only legal to bowhunt that doesn't exclude any hunters.

It is also interesting that he talks about "sharing" the resources, when his organization has pushed for bear tags to be separate from other big game and require a separate fee. This seems like an idea solely aimed at keeping deer hunters from shooting bear, because they aren't likely to buy the separate tag knowing that the likelihood of seeing a bear from a deer stand is small. So there will be more bear left for people who hunt with dogs. So he is preaching about "sharing" the resources, while attempting to limit other people's opportunities at these resources.

What a dirty, corrupt, hateful organization.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Someone should contact this moron and tell him if he wants to bring our governor into the topic, he should at least learn to spell his name correctly. It is McDonnell not McDonald!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bet that WHEN Sunday Hunting gets passed it will be for ALL hunters.....maybe bow first.......but then muzzle and gun....and that when a season is in you will be able to hunt with that weapon......just like now only you'll be able to do it on Sunday too......The reason some of the people that hunt with dogs DON'T want Sunday hunting is because if you use your dogs on Sunday and don't get then back that day......the dogs will be running the woods ALL week......remember......Sunday is not a " Day of Rest " .....it's the day to look for the dogs you couldn't find Saturday....
Old 08-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Unfrortunately due to a bicycle accident I could not make the show. Heard that VaHDA was signing people up to their "Alliance: without telling them about their stand. When several people did question them it got a little heavy. Some said that many signed up for the VaHDA membership then went around the corner and signed the Legalize Sunday Hunting petition. Guess they didn't know what the first organizations stood for.

Wonder what the VaHDA would say if they saw the names of many of thier "members" on the petition to allow Sunday hunting. That would be real interesting now wouldn't it.

Their website: www.vahda.org.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Spike

Vapahunter - do you have the email train of this to share with me for the website I'm developing? This is powerful stuff to use against them. The shame is that most deer doggers I know are for it. It's the leadership of their org that is screwing their members.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.