HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Va Outdoor Sportsman Show
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Stonewall308
Typical Buck

Wish I could be there to give them a piece of my mind, but I am on vacation in SC.

The tone of his response is extremely unprofessional and accusatory. He also makes the false assumption that only bowhunters will be able to hunt on Sunday; it seems he pulls this falsehood out of his @ss so that he can make the argument that pro-sunday hunters are in the minority. It doesn't hold water for a number of reasons, the first one being that anyone can get into bowhunting for less than $400 in equipment, so even if it was only legal to bowhunt that doesn't exclude any hunters.

It is also interesting that he talks about "sharing" the resources, when his organization has pushed for bear tags to be separate from other big game and require a separate fee. This seems like an idea solely aimed at keeping deer hunters from shooting bear, because they aren't likely to buy the separate tag knowing that the likelihood of seeing a bear from a deer stand is small. So there will be more bear left for people who hunt with dogs. So he is preaching about "sharing" the resources, while attempting to limit other people's opportunities at these resources.

What a dirty, corrupt, hateful organization.