HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Va Outdoor Sportsman Show
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:17 PM
vapahunter
Typical Buck

Here is the VA Hunting Dog Alliance response when asked if they were going to display their Anti Sunday Hunting stance at their booth at this show. This is verbatum:

"I don't have the time to type everything I want to say but I will share a few things. Getting ready for the show limits me from stopping my world and addressing your request when you want it done. You might find it hard to believe but you really don't register on my list of priorities. BUT! lets get a few facts straight.
I am glad you are a supporter for Sunday hunting. Good for you. Its healthy for all Americans to express their opinions. It is a freedom that was fought hard for but, understand this: Hunting on Sunday is not going to pass in 2012. So, don't get so wrinkled over the issue.
You state that 64% are in favor. That is a total untruth. We know what the statistics are, don't try to B.S. us. We know exactly who is pushing this agenda and you will see that you don't have nothing like the support you think you have. There has not been one legitimate poll taken that gives any kind of the results you claim. Legitimate poll is defined as a poll that is non-objective or prejudice in its process of obtaining the public's opinion.

The last thing the Alliance would want to do is to cause a separation between hunters, regardless of what discipline they may be. The VaHDA fight for the rights of all hunting interest, not just hunting with dogs. Hunting on Sunday's is not good for Virginia. You know as well as I that, only the bow hunters will get to hunt on Sunday. The rest of the hunters will not be able to so, the rabbit, squirrel, bird, waterfowl, deer, bear, and raccoon hunters will not be allowed. (This came straight from Bob McDonald) But, of course you know that. It is your plan to get all hunters on board to support the idea so as to show a majority in overwhelming support but all the time knowing that only bow hunters will get the privilege.

Why is it fair that only 14% of the licenses holders get this privilege and the remaining 86% of licenses holders get nothing? Are you concerned in the majority, or just your own interest? If Sunday hunting is ever legalized, it will only be a few years thereafter and the black powder hunters will want to do it. Eventually, they will get their way and then will come those who want to hunt with dogs on Sunday. When that happens, that will be the beginning of the end for hunting with dogs, and we will fight that to the bloody end.

Urban bow season comes in September 3rd. Regular Bow season comes in Oct 1. Urban season starts again in January and runs until March 31. That gives bow hunters over 28 weeks of hunting compared to 7 weeks for the deer hunters and about 3 to 4 weeks for the bear hunters. Yet, they make up 55% of the overall hunting licenses. Where is the fairness? Where is the logic? Once hunting on Sunday is legalized, what's next? get rid of hound hunting so you can have it all?
We must all share the resources together. The Alliance has been on a 3 year campaign in trying to educate hound hunters to respect still hunters by trying to keep the hounds out of the woods during their periods of hunting. It's a shame that still hunters can't try to work with the hound hunters equally as much."

This from one of the Board of Directors of this Alliance. They say they represent the majority of Virginia Hunters to the General Assembly. Their website: www.vahda.org.

Last edited by vapahunter; 08-10-2011 at 03:20 PM.