Hunting in North Carolina >

Hunting in North Carolina

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunting in North Carolina

Old 06-03-2009, 09:13 AM

Default Hunting in North Carolina

Hello Everyone.

I just moved to Wake county in North Carolina from New York, and I am looking for anyone that can help me out. I have been reading the regulations online, and the maps, but if someone could give me some good public lands to hunt on this fall, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Unhappy

Good luck in getting a response. I too moved to the state two years ago. I posted the same question and only received one reply. Most of the land here is private so you need to know somebody or join a club. There are public game lands that you can hunt but you will need to check out the regs or the state hunting web site to get the locations. I just looked at them an hour ago and I think there are some around Raleigh. I got lucky and started working for a new company this year and a fellow worker who grew up here got us a place to hunt. I'm looking forward to getting the bow out this year...after three no hunting years.

Later
Reid
Old 08-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NC hunting

Go to the NC wildlife website and they have downloadable maps for Public Hunting. As usual your best hunting will be private. Go to some farms and ask if you can hunt. It may take a while but you will find something and never stop, keep searching. I have found some descent places here near Charlotte but I am always looking for better spots. I think you are in a much better area in Wake County than where I am. Thet deer are gigger and much more abundant in Wake County. Good luck.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Spike

Welcome to N.C. As far as the gamelands are concerned the post about looking online should help you. Near me (Moore county) in Richmond county there are some good gamelands called Sandhills gamelands. My works for them and also has a hunting club in Richmond county. If your just looking to do a little hunting, you're welcome to come and hunt with me on our private land (165 acres). I don't really do any trophy hunting but I see deer most of the time on my hunts. PM me if you want to come down. Also, I am getting into duck hunting. My mother-in-law has a house on lake Tillery that I can use at leisure. Some say the duck hunting there is good. Not sure about that though. If you know much about duck hunting, that might be an option as well.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Go to http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/H_Game_Land_Maps.htm

I pass Shocco Creek on my way to my hunt club. We are full for this year.

See http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/Ga...co%20Creek.pdf