VA urban archery season >

VA urban archery season

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA urban archery season

Old 02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default VA urban archery season

I just bought a new bow last night, hca speed pro and I can't wait until October to go hunting with it. Does anyone have an urban archery spotwhere I can get in on some late season doe action? Please don't make me beg.

I'm in the central Virginia area and would hope to find a place in Richmond,Farmville, Amherst, Fairfax County, or Winchester.

Even if you don't archery hunt during the urban season, maybe you know someone who does or who has land in one of these places. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Cory
Old 02-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: VA urban archery season

Good luck in Northern Virginia brother. Urban spots are like gold up here. I will tell you though and I speak from experience, if you are willing to put in the time knocking on doors and drivingaround until you find a spot....... it is possible. For every fifteen "no's" you get up here may get one "yes" but it's not guaranteed. I spent two whole weekends last Summer driving around and asking people until I got my first "yes".But that yes will pay off. Especially in Northern Virginia.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not new to knocking on doors, I have to do it even in Madison/Orange/Culpeper where I normally hunt. I'm of the mentality that you can never have too many places to hunt, you never know what will happen from one season to the next. This is a little different, I usually like to ask this time of the year to get permission for the fall. It gives me plenty of time to try and find new places, plus most people start knocking at the end of summer and early fall. I'd get tired of all those people showing up at my door at the same time. Clocks ticking on the urban seasonand I don't have much time to find a place, just thought I'd throw outa feeler on here.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a couple places in Richmond.... and yes... they are like gold.

Good luck.... you are going to need it.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have any spots thick w/ briars, honeysuckle, overgrown fields, etc. to rabbit hunt ? I've got boatloads of spotsin Prince William, Loudon, Fauquier, & Fairfax to hunt if you want to swap a hunt...