Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Old 02-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Here people take their pets, love them so much they cant have them put down, and dump them in the country. Good old spot, fred,........ect, dont know why but they learn fast that they need to kill to eat or just to kill.
Sometime they run in packs of 20 other times its just a couple. Kill chickens, rabbits, sheep, goats, .....what ever they can get to.
This past year their have been over 50 reported livestock killings by dogs running through property. So you tell me what would you do? Just how much live stock are you willing to risk? Here we dont care what they are doing some where else but on our property and we havent given permission for them to be there, dead dog. In ways its a easy death compaired to what the yotes will do to them.
Sound harsh then be responsible! Know where the lines are and who owns the property next to where you hunt. Know phone numbers and let them know that your dog might of strayed onto their property, ask to secure same instead of just barging in. PUT ALL GUNS AWAY! Considered very rude and could get you shot. No means no. If thats the case call game warden and see if he can help but till then you better respect the owners answer.
I also just read a report that in the past 5 months, In this county, over $52,000 worth of property has been stolen along with over 150 guns. This has been taken place in the farming and ranching lands. Starting to see the picture here.
Cap in hands, asking and not demanding, being responsible even to the point of going to that person and telling them your sorry for your dog(s) straying onto their land, goes along way here and might just get you access to the property.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Who

Here people take their pets, love them so much they cant have them put down, and dump them in the country. Good old spot, fred,........ect, dont know why but they learn fast that they need to kill to eat or just to kill.
Sometime they run in packs of 20 other times its just a couple. Kill chickens, rabbits, sheep, goats, .....what ever they can get to.
This past year their have been over 50 reported livestock killings by dogs running through property. So you tell me what would you do? Just how much live stock are you willing to risk? Here we dont care what they are doing some where else but on our property and we havent given permission for them to be there, dead dog. In ways its a easy death compaired to what the yotes will do to them.
Sound harsh then be responsible! Know where the lines are and who owns the property next to where you hunt. Know phone numbers and let them know that your dog might of strayed onto their property, ask to secure same instead of just barging in. PUT ALL GUNS AWAY! Considered very rude and could get you shot. No means no. If thats the case call game warden and see if he can help but till then you better respect the owners answer.
I also just read a report that in the past 5 months, In this county, over $52,000 worth of property has been stolen along with over 150 guns. This has been taken place in the farming and ranching lands. Starting to see the picture here.
Cap in hands, asking and not demanding, being responsible even to the point of going to that person and telling them your sorry for your dog(s) straying onto their land, goes along way here and might just get you access to the property.
+1
Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Who

So that means that dog hunters did it???????? Or ya just saying not to let people in general on your property cause it could lead to them returning to steal your property? I had one of my supposed to be friends steal a gun out of my house when we were not home and he was a police officer...He did not hunt at all. Needless to say we no longer talk.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Spike

im not aware of any areas in va having such problems as that.even hardend hound hunting oponents have stated the posibilities of such problems but havent brought forth any fact that such activities are happening.

i also think your a little off comparing your problems to ours,your talking wild unwanted dogs to hunting dogs, apples to oranges,there is a HUGE DIFFRENCE in shooting a wild dog out for blood and shooting a hunting dog out of spite

Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

I'm wondering what the dog was doingwhen it got shot.

What was the dog hunting to begin with?

Did anyone bother to save the slug, so forensics could test it?

Did the owner of the property have dog problems prior to the shooting?

Does everyone agree, that if the dog wasn't on the property it got shot on ... it probably would still be alive!

I re-call a story where a dogran through an un-lockedgate, and ran out into traffic, and caused an accident,with injuries and the dog died.
Whose fault was it? The dog owner,for not having/being in control of his dog.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 2Poppa

Does everyone agree, that if the dog wasn't on the property it got shot on ... it probably would still be alive!

I re-call a story where a dogran through an un-lockedgate, and ran out into traffic, and caused an accident,with injuries and the dog died.
Ok now you're being logical. Leave your dogs on a leash while hunting. Great idea. You must be pretty fast if you can run with your dogs on a leash and keep up with the game (not just deer but coon, pheasants, anything hunted with a dog). The dog was doing what it was trained to do, running deer is legal where this took place so I can't believe that people are that ignorant to blame the dog. The owner wasn't breaking any laws also so how is he to blame. If the game a dog is chasing runs off of the big piece of land you are on how is that the owners fault. Come on guys be logical, use facts to base claims not emotions!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jessejmc1979

ORIGINAL: 2Poppa

Ok now you're being logical. Leave your dogs on a leash while hunting. Great idea. You must be pretty fast if you can run with your dogs on a leash and keep up with the game (not just deer but coon, pheasants, anything hunted with a dog). The dog was doing what it was trained to do, running deer is legal where this took place so I can't believe that people are that ignorant to blame the dog. The owner wasn't breaking any laws also so how is he to blame. If the game a dog is chasing runs off of the big piece of land you are on how is that the owners fault. Come on guys be logical, use facts to base claims not emotions!!!
How do you hunt pheasant or any other birds with a dog that goes out of site? Any good bird dog is going to keep up with his owner and if it doesn't it's the owner's fault.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

I didn't say that my bird dog isn't in my sight. What I said is he isn't completely in my control. Any dog even well trained is still a dog! They will occasionaly do things that are stupid and against what they have been trained. Thats where e-collars come in but still if the dog isn't on a leash you aren't fully in control. And I in the instance of the dog running thru the unlocked gate how do you know that the owner wasn't right there.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

The dog wasn't a "huntin' dog" as you described, that ran through the un-locked gate. All dog owners must be in control of there dogs at all times, asdescribed in the laws in most cities.
Before you clobber me over the head ... I know these were loose dogs, that were huntin'!

I didn't blame the dog ... or the owner. No emotion here!

Then, what you're sayin' is, that when dogs are out of control, if they get killed, then that comes with the territory. You are probably right ... the father should have forewarned his son and spared him the misery of finding his tresspassing, dead dog.

ORIGINAL: jessejmc1979
. And I in the instance of the dog running thru the unlocked gate how do you know that the owner wasn't right there.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 PM

Sadly, dogs can be better than a LOT of people.

I remember my Dad working with somebody who called himself a hunter. A friend of a friend who wanted my Dad to help him work with his dog because the dog kept flushing birds when it wasn't suppossed to.

So my Dad and I brought our dog along to show him some pointers and hope his dog would pick up on some of it. The main problem is this "hunter" had never made a single attempt to actually train his hunting dog. Just kept it in a kennel in the back yard and most of it's human contact was those rare occassions when it was let out of the cage to "go hunting."

Needless to say the dog was a bit spastic because it was thrilled to be out of the cage and to have contact with other living things like people and birds. And it loved to chase birds.

Well after about the 4th time it did that, because it wouldn't stop and point like a trained dog, this "hunter" took a bead on his dog and shot it because he was so pissed off that his stupid dog kept costing him birds.

I was completely horrified because it had never occurred to me that people like this actually existed. And for a long time I didn't want to go hunting anymore for fear of discovering more people like that who call themselves hunters. The guy really couldn't understand what the big deal was and why we packed up our stuff and went home.

I have come to learn there are two kinds of people out there who call themselves hunters. Those who actually are, the kind who hunt for food, challenge of the hunt, etc. and some reprehensible pieces of human trash who just want to kill something, often for no reason.

Quick Reply: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.