HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms
Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 PM
BOWMANN100
Spike

Default RE: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

ORIGINAL: Who

Here people take their pets, love them so much they cant have them put down, and dump them in the country. Good old spot, fred,........ect, dont know why but they learn fast that they need to kill to eat or just to kill.
Sometime they run in packs of 20 other times its just a couple. Kill chickens, rabbits, sheep, goats, .....what ever they can get to.
This past year their have been over 50 reported livestock killings by dogs running through property. So you tell me what would you do? Just how much live stock are you willing to risk? Here we dont care what they are doing some where else but on our property and we havent given permission for them to be there, dead dog. In ways its a easy death compaired to what the yotes will do to them.
Sound harsh then be responsible! Know where the lines are and who owns the property next to where you hunt. Know phone numbers and let them know that your dog might of strayed onto their property, ask to secure same instead of just barging in. PUT ALL GUNS AWAY! Considered very rude and could get you shot. No means no. If thats the case call game warden and see if he can help but till then you better respect the owners answer.
I also just read a report that in the past 5 months, In this county, over $52,000 worth of property has been stolen along with over 150 guns. This has been taken place in the farming and ranching lands. Starting to see the picture here.
Cap in hands, asking and not demanding, being responsible even to the point of going to that person and telling them your sorry for your dog(s) straying onto their land, goes along way here and might just get you access to the property.

So that means that dog hunters did it???????? Or ya just saying not to let people in general on your property cause it could lead to them returning to steal your property? I had one of my supposed to be friends steal a gun out of my house when we were not home and he was a police officer...He did not hunt at all. Needless to say we no longer talk.