Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms >

Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

vahoundsmen, I agree that it's the law, a law with consequences,and would probably even try huntin' with dogs in Virginia, someone else's dogs, not mine.

But, the original post asked the question, what was the dog owner going to say to his young son, when he asked, "why someone would shoot/kill hisdog" ... I think that diamondaranch, answered that question rather eloquently.

The father could have prepared his son for his loss, the longer the dogs run, the more of a chance/risk, they take.

All hound owners must ask themselves ... is it worth the risk?

Again as diamonaranch stated, it was the fathers choice to run the dog and not prepare his son for the inevitable loss of a dog running wild!

Entitlement can be a very dangerous one-way street ... of no return!

PS You made a very good point RenaissanceBiker, with your last statement!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:52 AM

First of all, I have been reading this website for awhile and enjoy it. I had to register so I could post on this discussion.

This topic is simply ridiculous. Some guy on here said it is the "law" that they can't shoot a dog on their personal property? Did I get that right?

Well blow me down folks. I am a guide on a ranch south of Marathon Texas. I don't know about the rest of the country and so it seem in this case Virgnina, but these kind of things don't fly around here.

My boss's property is HIS property. We do not use dogs for deer. Who in the hell ever thought that up? That is just nuts in its self.

All I can say is watch yer dogs and keep em off this property if they are pets and you want em back still walking

Old 03-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the forum Westtexasrancher!

Your view points, picturesand posts are welcomed here, and I don't "mess with Texas!"
Old 03-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Spike

To kill a dog that is not a threat to you that is just doing what is LEGAL and also very popular here in VA is just moraly wrong. maybe it was the upbringing some had or maybethey are just ruthless and a few screws short if you know what i mean. The person who did this should be put in jail, and left alone in a room for a few minutes with the dog owner's father to be taught a lesson. The ones who would actually kill a hunting dog should not be allowed to carry a gun much less be able to hunt with one. The ones who would kill a hunting dog period need serious help. I have only dog hunted a hand full of times but loved it and MOST of those who hunt with dogs love their dogs like family. If you dont like the hunting laws in virginia then get them changed(good luck with that) or go hunt somewhere else. Killing a hunting dog.....sick,self confident issuesperson is all I have to say!! Thank GOD most people would never dream of doing such a thing, I catch hunters in my tree stand a couple of times a year, something that is Illegal and would never think about trying to hurt or kill one of them. Like I said thank God most people the thought would never cross their mind.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: BOWMANN100

To kill a dog that is not a threat to you that is just doing what is LEGAL and also very popular here in VA is just moraly wrong. maybe it was the upbringing some had or maybethey are just ruthless and a few screws short if you know what i mean. The person who did this should be put in jail, and left alone in a room for a few minutes with the dog owner's father to be taught a lesson. The ones who would actually kill a hunting dog should not be allowed to carry a gun much less be able to hunt with one. I disagree with you here. The folks that should not be able to "carry a gun" are the irresponsible owners of their "beloved" pets.The ones who would kill a hunting dog period need serious help. I have only dog hunted a hand full of times but loved it and MOST of those who hunt with dogs love their dogs like family. If you dont like the hunting laws in virginia then get them changed(good luck with that) or go hunt somewhere else.Thank god I don't have to worry about my hunters and your very unconstitutional law regarding private property!!Killing a hunting dog.....sick,self confident issuesperson is all I have to say!! Really?? Ok, bring your "pet" to Texas and let him run loose on our ranch......he won't live for the whole of an hour at the max.Thank GOD most people would never dream of doing such a thing, I catch hunters in my tree stand a couple of times a year, something that is Illegal and would never think about trying to hurt or kill one of them.Dude??? are you frickin serious?? How in the hell cansomeone else be hunting in YOUR stand??? Do you hunt in the damned city? Are there stands a couple hundred yards away from each other? What in the hell isyour thinking here?? Isuppose you are from Va?? If so, then fine. I invite anyone to come to Texas and"get into" a stand that does not belong to them. YEAH YOU GUESSED IT..........JAIL TIME BUD!! IT'S CALLED TRESSPASING!!!!!!!!Like I said thank God most people the thought would never cross their mind.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: vahoundsman
the shooting of the dog in virginia is a felony now.
Has the law changed? I thought it was only a felony if the person had a previous conviction of animal cruelty.

Under certain conditions it is legal to shoot a dog in VA.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: 2Poppa

Welcome to the forum Westtexasrancher!

Your view points, picturesand posts are welcomed here, and I don't "mess with Texas!"
Thank you 2poppa. I dont have any pictures, much les s no how to post em on a web stie.

But thank you anyway.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

By the way, I notice that tons of people bird hunt with dogs and don't have any of these types of problems. The difference is that bird hunters keep their dogs under control.

Thus it appears that there is no problem with dog hunting in general, only the type that release their dogs in places where they are likely or certain to get onto private property, make no apologies, and claim an entitlement to intrude on said private property.