Dog hunting outlaws >

Dog hunting outlaws

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Dog hunting outlaws

Old 01-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

popeye, Thanks for the good words. I think I am not going to post in response to anything else dogger says... You can't argue with a fool.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:06 AM

I usually try hard to stay away back and forth's like this but I've let myself down in this thread.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:06 AM

I am a Lifetime NAHC member, member of the NRA and have more guns and rifles than I can keep up with, and hunt all over NA, so I don't need to hear I am an anti. However, I moved from a rural area to the city for several reasons, but one was to get away from dog "hunters".Tired of them intentionally crossing my land and telling me I couldn't do anything about it (they were pretty much right too. By the time you call the game warden they were gone or would use the BS excuse of collecting their dogs).Drinking alcohol and sitting in the middle of the road "huning with their CB's, cutting down fences, driving in the yard in front of your home,etc.

It is people like Dogger who will eventuallykill "hunting" with dogs.Unfortunately, my experience says that he is not the exception but the rule in my area.One thing they did teach me though is they said their dogs were real fond of antifreeze. I am not sure that is the case, but.....
Old 01-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Spike

that describes most still "hunters" around where I am from(not me though, drinking and hunting is a big NO NO) just goes to show ya how small the world is huh?

Also if you are the kind of guy to put antifreeze out to kill somones dog than im sure your old community was glad to see you go.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWMANN100

that describes most still "hunters" around where I am from(not me though, drinking and hunting is a big NO NO) just goes to show ya how small the world is huh?

Also if you are the kind of guy to put antifreeze out to kill somones dog than im sure your old community was glad to see you go.
Yep most of the people I know that drink and hunt or drink and shoot guns are the ones that still hunt and don't like dog hunting. The guys I know that hunt with dogs like to hunt sober. The ones I know that hunt drunk are the ones that carry some beer to the stand with them and drink while hunting. Or are drunk before they go. I DO NOT think guns and alcohol mix and I think anyone that is caught drinking and hunting should face serious charges on of which should never be able to hunt again.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:12 PM

Well, I have never seen a still hunter drink in a stand, hunt in the middle of the road, and cutting down fences to drive his truck through,butI am surewe travel in different circles. As far as antifreeze goes, I never said I did anything, but I can say I never saw a neighbors dog on my land, but did see a lot of"hunting" dogs.

Kinda amazing that my 30 years of experience with dog "hunters" is exactly opposite of what most dog "hunters"claim they are/do. Maybe I am just the unfortunate one and100% ofthe dog "hunters" I know are slobs and are different from those everywhere else. Hard to believe all the bad ones used to live right around me, but hey,ya never know.

By the way, agree with you on the drinking and hunting deal,should be banned for life. That would end"hunting" with dogs faster than anything else I know of.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kendradad

Well, I have never seen a still hunter drink in a stand, hunt in the middle of the road, and cutting down fences to drive his truck through,butI am surewe travel in different circles. As far as antifreeze goes, I never said I did anything, but I can say I never saw a neighbors dog on my land, but did see a lot of"hunting" dogs.

Kinda amazing that my 30 years of experience with dog "hunters" is exactly opposite of what most dog "hunters"claim they are/do. Maybe I am just the unfortunate one and100% ofthe dog "hunters" I know are slobs and are different from those everywhere else. Hard to believe all the bad ones used to live right around me, but hey,ya never know.

By the way, agree with you on the drinking and hunting deal,should be banned for life. That would end"hunting" with dogs faster than anything else I know of.
Like I said the ones that drink and hunt that I know are the still hunters. Maybe it's just the ones I know who knows. I've also never ever seen any of the guys I know that dog hunt cut down any fences. If someone truely cuts down someones fence it's time to call the police. Now we did have one of the guys that we hunt with knock a post down that held a cable up. However, it was not during hunting season and not on purpose. He was riding a 4 wheeler and has permission to ride on that land and somehow the cable got caught on the 4 wheeler and yanked the post over. He had to fix it for the owner of the land whom is a relative of mine. Didn't really bother anyone as it was an accident. It wasn't like he purposely did it. That's the only instance I can think of of anyone tearing down a fence and it wasn't on purpose. Now a few of the guys we hunt with have land with fenses and gates where you have to unhook the gate but they don't care if other hunters go in they just want them to close the gate after they go through to keep animals in.

Now I can't say I haven't seen any hunters stand in the middle of the road. However It's very rare I see them stand in the road when hunting. Not saying I've never seen it but It's very rare.

My uncle owns some land where he has put up posted signs just saying to call for permission. If they called he would more than likely give them permission as long as he wasn't there or they weren't causing trouble. However, only one person has asked for permission yet he has caught numerous others still hunting on his property that are not supposed to be there. They have all tried to make up various excuses why they were there.

I'm going to be honest here and say I don't know many hunters that haven't broken some form of the law but the things you guys are complaing about dog hunters doing I just haven't seen many of them do yet I've seen quite a few still hunters do that stuff. Must just be the difference in places we hunt.

As said before I've seen lots of guy standing on the side of the road but as much as you guys may not like it it's legal in some counties like the one I hunt in. So they are following the laws so I see no problem with that. I know quite a few dog hunters and quite a few still hunters and the ones that want to do the most things wrong seem to be the still hunters I know. As well as knowing people whom own land and have problem with people it's a lot of times the still hunters they are having issues with in this area. We own 60 acres in the mountains and there are always people in the woods there that aren't supposed to be and parked on our land with thier trucks where they have just gone into the woods and set up a stand. I don't usually worry too much about it and leave them alone however, we have posted signs and have let most of them in the area know we do not want them hunting there yet they still like to come do it.

I think there are bad hunters in all types it's not just dog hunters that are bad and infact I really think there are more bad still hunters. Maybe not but I know quite a few more bad ones than I do dog hunters. Yet all those still hunters that do quite a few things wrong all like to complain and tell me how bad dog hunters are. You'd think they were the perfect hunters the way they talk yet most of them are why most of the world hates hunters.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing I'm going to throw in here that most hunters should know although I think either a lot don't or seem to forget.

The only people I've ever really heard say they want dog hunting banned is people that still hunt.

The people I've heard say they want hunting banned that don't hunt always seem to want to do away with all forms of hunting. I don't think I've ever heard a non hunter say he I wish they would be this dog hunting. However, I've heard quite a few say they wish they would ban hunting.

So instead of the still hunters and dog hunters fighting against each other all the time they should try to all work together and show the non hunter how hunters aren't as bad as the reputation they have.

You guys need to remember there are a ton and I mean ton more people whom don't hunt than ones that do. A lot of them would like to see all forms of hunting banned. So instead of fighting trying to get the other type of hunting banned work together so that all types of hunting don't get banned.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

So instead of the still hunters and dog hunters fighting against each other all the time they should try to all work together and show the non hunter how hunters aren't as bad as the reputation they have.
Actually its not dog hunters fighting, itsSOME still hunters fighting and dog hunters for some reason(including me) standing up to most of the liesSOME of these guys tell. I know some of this stuff happens but the waySOME of these "hunters" act, its a everyday occurance?? Dog hunting no matter how many times you post it ,think it, dream it, is not going anywhere. And YES drinking and hunting should result in you loosing your hunting rights!! By the way I had 1 instance this year with tresspassers, and it was 2 guys STILL hunting on my power line, their excuse...."I thought this was part of our land", funny thing was 1 of them was standing 5 feet from my cable loaded with posted signs. We hunt in Prince George/Sussex and I NEVER see hunters hunting from the road. I hunt just about everyday and it just does not happen around here that I have seen.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

The only people I've ever really heard say they want dog hunting banned is people that still hunt.
Some folks are using thisterm wrong. Still hunting is the art of stalking your game, and not sitting in a tree stand. That type of hunting is called posting.

Both sides are guilty of doing idiotic and stupid things. We can all agree to that I think. If both sides would act moreresponsibly we souldn't be having this discussion!

Now you can all go backto ripping each other apart and let the anti's have a good laugh.

Quick Reply: Dog hunting outlaws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.