HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dog hunting outlaws
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 08:18 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

ORIGINAL: kendradad

Well, I have never seen a still hunter drink in a stand, hunt in the middle of the road, and cutting down fences to drive his truck through,butI am surewe travel in different circles. As far as antifreeze goes, I never said I did anything, but I can say I never saw a neighbors dog on my land, but did see a lot of"hunting" dogs.

Kinda amazing that my 30 years of experience with dog "hunters" is exactly opposite of what most dog "hunters"claim they are/do. Maybe I am just the unfortunate one and100% ofthe dog "hunters" I know are slobs and are different from those everywhere else. Hard to believe all the bad ones used to live right around me, but hey,ya never know.

By the way, agree with you on the drinking and hunting deal,should be banned for life. That would end"hunting" with dogs faster than anything else I know of.
Like I said the ones that drink and hunt that I know are the still hunters. Maybe it's just the ones I know who knows. I've also never ever seen any of the guys I know that dog hunt cut down any fences. If someone truely cuts down someones fence it's time to call the police. Now we did have one of the guys that we hunt with knock a post down that held a cable up. However, it was not during hunting season and not on purpose. He was riding a 4 wheeler and has permission to ride on that land and somehow the cable got caught on the 4 wheeler and yanked the post over. He had to fix it for the owner of the land whom is a relative of mine. Didn't really bother anyone as it was an accident. It wasn't like he purposely did it. That's the only instance I can think of of anyone tearing down a fence and it wasn't on purpose. Now a few of the guys we hunt with have land with fenses and gates where you have to unhook the gate but they don't care if other hunters go in they just want them to close the gate after they go through to keep animals in.

Now I can't say I haven't seen any hunters stand in the middle of the road. However It's very rare I see them stand in the road when hunting. Not saying I've never seen it but It's very rare.

My uncle owns some land where he has put up posted signs just saying to call for permission. If they called he would more than likely give them permission as long as he wasn't there or they weren't causing trouble. However, only one person has asked for permission yet he has caught numerous others still hunting on his property that are not supposed to be there. They have all tried to make up various excuses why they were there.

I'm going to be honest here and say I don't know many hunters that haven't broken some form of the law but the things you guys are complaing about dog hunters doing I just haven't seen many of them do yet I've seen quite a few still hunters do that stuff. Must just be the difference in places we hunt.

As said before I've seen lots of guy standing on the side of the road but as much as you guys may not like it it's legal in some counties like the one I hunt in. So they are following the laws so I see no problem with that. I know quite a few dog hunters and quite a few still hunters and the ones that want to do the most things wrong seem to be the still hunters I know. As well as knowing people whom own land and have problem with people it's a lot of times the still hunters they are having issues with in this area. We own 60 acres in the mountains and there are always people in the woods there that aren't supposed to be and parked on our land with thier trucks where they have just gone into the woods and set up a stand. I don't usually worry too much about it and leave them alone however, we have posted signs and have let most of them in the area know we do not want them hunting there yet they still like to come do it.

I think there are bad hunters in all types it's not just dog hunters that are bad and infact I really think there are more bad still hunters. Maybe not but I know quite a few more bad ones than I do dog hunters. Yet all those still hunters that do quite a few things wrong all like to complain and tell me how bad dog hunters are. You'd think they were the perfect hunters the way they talk yet most of them are why most of the world hates hunters.