Dog hunting outlaws >

Dog hunting outlaws

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Dog hunting outlaws

Old 12-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

I think the rtr law should be changed. I personally wont go on another property to get my dogs unless I ask first. If I cant permission I will walk in 100 yards or less to get them and wont do that in the middle of the day when somone could be hunting. BUT, everyone around where I have asked does not seem to have a problem with it. Im sure that there are people that wouldnt let mego get them and thats their right..just not a person I would want living near me. we are good ole folks out here so noone is a jerk about it. I do 60% of my hunting still hunting, just the other day I had 5 feeding 100 yards in front of me and the guys dogs down the road came up in the field and ran them off, sure I was disappointed but hurting the dogs never crossed my mind, guess I am lucky enough notto have that much stress in my life for it to get me worked up
Old 12-18-2008, 04:35 PM

Treed, you got it all wrong. It is all about dog hunting.I smell fear in the other guys camp. They allknow we have the Game dept. on our side and it's driving them crazy. I can go places no law officer can go. If you lose your child you can't walk on someone's property to look for him, legally. On the other hand, I can go to the same property to find my dog. It's all about the dog, dog hunting, andthe money that the state makes off of dog hunting. They will never get rid of dog hunting as long as they keep selling licenses. I'll keep doing what I've been doing for years because the law is on my side. I don't have the money to buy yourfarm, but I've got the right to hunt it and that's what'sdriving the yankees crazy. Tell'em all to go back home. I'm happy just the way things are, and I won't change one dam thing about it. Neither will the politicians or cops.Everyone else will have to "love it or leave it".
Old 12-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dogger69

Treed, you got it all wrong. It is all about dog hunting.I smell fear in the other guys camp. They allknow we have the Game dept. on our side and it's driving them crazy. I can go places no law officer can go. If you lose your child you can't walk on someone's property to look for him, legally. On the other hand, I can go to the same property to find my dog. It's all about the dog, dog hunting, andthe money that the state makes off of dog hunting. They will never get rid of dog hunting as long as they keep selling licenses. I'll keep doing what I've been doing for years because the law is on my side. I don't have the money to buy yourfarm, but I've got the right to hunt it and that's what'sdriving the yankees crazy. Tell'em all to go back home. I'm happy just the way things are, and I won't change one dam thing about it. Neither will the politicians or cops.Everyone else will have to "love it or leave it".

RE: any wordAny word on Virginia's new dog laws? - 6/23/2008 7:01:13 PM

showPicture("6/23/2008 7:01:13 PM",0,0,0,2857590,31)

dogger69

titleAndStar(40,0,false,false,"","")
Fawn

[align=center][/align]
I'm afraid thatalot of good people are going to get scratched up over this one. Some want to shoot dogs, some want to trap dogs,,, all of this could end up getting someone killed. I keep my dogs on my property or on property that I lease.

what made you change your mind from this way of thinking???I hope you really do not feel and hunt this way, I couldnt imagine a hunt club allowing this anyways, but that way of hunting could get your dogs hurt or picked up and taken off, hope tou dont hunt around people like that[:'(]
Old 12-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to sit out a few plays there big fella. You know just quit talking for a bit.

Ask most who know me on this site and you will find I am a strong supporter of hunting with hounds but you are embarassing yourself and making all dog hunters look bad with your mindless rants.

I'll keep doing what I've been doing for years because the law is on my side. I don't have the money to buy yourfarm, but I've got the right to hunt it and that's what'sdriving the yankees crazy.
Can anyone say "Extremely Flawed Logic". You actually don't have the right to hunt it, you don't even have the right to be onit with a weapon. You have a very simple yet often abusedRTR law which gives you permission to retrieve a dog you know is on a certain piece of property on foot. Nothing more. Your inability to comprehend that the abuse of that simple law is causing probably 75% of the dog hunters problems lately only makes me worry about the future of hound hunting more. Look for them to tighten up on theRTR law and look for landowners to start requiring people to prove via tracking collar a dog is even on their land(as they should). Yourcorrect about themoney aspectand managing the deer herds which dog clubs contribute to greatly but imagine how much more money the state will be getting once they start requiring you to register everyhound, writing more tickets for abuse of existing laws, and so on and so on.

Open your eyes andlower your volumeis probably some good advice but I doubt you'll take it. I take my sons hound hunting all the time, we love it. We have a great time and they are excited by it but I also explain the reponsiblities involved and the importance of respecting other hunters, landowners, and the law. I can't imagine ever displaying in front of them, or anyone for that matter, the type of attitude you have displayed here. It's disgraceful and I would be ashamed for setting the bar so low and being such a poor example of a sportsman.

But hey that's just me.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:05 PM

New, my apologies. I normally don't lose it, but I think I've had just about enough of people who want the world to change, just for them. I do try and keep my dogs on my on lease, and so do my buddies, but dogs will be dogs, and deer will be deer. I think with the anti crowd, giving an inch is like giving it all. To tell you the truth, I kinda enjoy watching their panties getting all ruffled. I guess that's just the redneck in me. The people who started all this crap are anti-hunting, period. They know it, I know it, and it's a little tough getting a bunch of crap from some jerk who buys 5 acres in the middle of dog country. Your right, my attitude is bad, but I try to do right and all they do is criticize. Screw'em, if they hate me, good.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trust me I understand your frustration, I have gone 20+ pages multiple times on this topic and there always seems to be serious breakdowns in communications as both sides tend to be so "dug in" on their opinions/beliefs that noone wants to give an inch.

I am not in disagreement with you on the point mentioned about anti groups either. While I don't believe anti's started the Hound Survey in VA I do believe they will jump on board anything that will limit or reduce hunting in anyway.

I wasn't trying to be too critical of you earlier I just think it is important to try to put a good foot forward and improve the way the non dog hunting people view dog hunters rather than fuel the stereotypes and validate the reasons many don't support dog hunting.

Good luck.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crenshaw

They also still hunt while there dog hunting, hence being called a stander when the dogs are released.
Had this happen to me the other day. I was on private property and teh dogs were running on the next piece of property. I have no problem with that and the owner doesn't mind either. But this day I saw a hunter with gun standing in a corner of the property and I went over to him. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was hunting. I asked him if he had the owners permission and he then said he was looking for his dogs. He started to get nasty with me and it was then that I flashed my badge at him and he got a little calmer. I told him if he didn't want to get arrested he should get off this property. And I told him that if he wanted to find his dog that he should do it next time without a gun in his hand.

This is not the first time this has happened to me while in the woods. This is the reason why I have bad feelings for dog hunting in Va. and if someone tells me that I am a come here one more time...
Old 12-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

New, my apologies. I normally don't lose it, but I think I've had just about enough of people who want the world to change, just for them. I do try and keep my dogs on my on lease, and so do my buddies, but dogs will be dogs, and deer will be deer. I think with the anti crowd, giving an inch is like giving it all. To tell you the truth, I kinda enjoy watching their panties getting all ruffled. I guess that's just the redneck in me. The people who started all this crap are anti-hunting, period. They know it, I know it, and it's a little tough getting a bunch of crap from some jerk who buys 5 acres in the middle of dog country. Your right, my attitude is bad, but I try to do right and all they do is criticize. Screw'em, if they hate me, good.
Ya know my dad always told me that when I found myself in a hole to stop digging. You mouth is going to get you in trouble with that kind of talk. I think you should take New's advice and stop letting everyone know for sure how stupid you must be for talking this way! Not to say that you are stupid, but people will get that impression by your vitriol and attitude.

And the people that started all this stuff is not anti hunting. I have been hunting for more then 50 years and I don'tmuch care for dog hunting for deer. I love dogs for rabbits and bird hunting though very much.

As far as the real Anti-gun nuts, they love a guy like you who loves to sturr this pot with such talk and attitudes like yours. you remind me of the guy I just talked about in the above post. He had a bad attitude and almost got arrested for it and being where he wasn't supposed to be with a gun in his hands lookig for his dogs.

There are many different ways to handle this probblem and good honest talk and better feelings are the way. You should try it.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: rafsob

I have been hunting for more then 50 years and I don'tmuch care for dog hunting for deer. I love dogs for rabbits and bird hunting though very much.

why not deer??? if its ok for rabits and birds.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Spike

I see your point also, I think you are 100% correct, but 2 wrongs do not make a right. ignore them, thats what the vdigf has finally done it seems like.

Quick Reply: Dog hunting outlaws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.