HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dog hunting outlaws
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 06:56 PM
NEW61375
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

ORIGINAL: dogger69

Treed, you got it all wrong. It is all about dog hunting.I smell fear in the other guys camp. They allknow we have the Game dept. on our side and it's driving them crazy. I can go places no law officer can go. If you lose your child you can't walk on someone's property to look for him, legally. On the other hand, I can go to the same property to find my dog. It's all about the dog, dog hunting, andthe money that the state makes off of dog hunting. They will never get rid of dog hunting as long as they keep selling licenses. I'll keep doing what I've been doing for years because the law is on my side. I don't have the money to buy yourfarm, but I've got the right to hunt it and that's what'sdriving the yankees crazy. Tell'em all to go back home. I'm happy just the way things are, and I won't change one dam thing about it. Neither will the politicians or cops.Everyone else will have to "love it or leave it".
You might want to sit out a few plays there big fella. You know just quit talking for a bit.

Ask most who know me on this site and you will find I am a strong supporter of hunting with hounds but you are embarassing yourself and making all dog hunters look bad with your mindless rants.

ORIGINAL: dogger69

I'll keep doing what I've been doing for years because the law is on my side. I don't have the money to buy yourfarm, but I've got the right to hunt it and that's what'sdriving the yankees crazy.
Can anyone say "Extremely Flawed Logic". You actually don't have the right to hunt it, you don't even have the right to be onit with a weapon. You have a very simple yet often abusedRTR law which gives you permission to retrieve a dog you know is on a certain piece of property on foot. Nothing more. Your inability to comprehend that the abuse of that simple law is causing probably 75% of the dog hunters problems lately only makes me worry about the future of hound hunting more. Look for them to tighten up on theRTR law and look for landowners to start requiring people to prove via tracking collar a dog is even on their land(as they should). Yourcorrect about themoney aspectand managing the deer herds which dog clubs contribute to greatly but imagine how much more money the state will be getting once they start requiring you to register everyhound, writing more tickets for abuse of existing laws, and so on and so on.

Open your eyes andlower your volumeis probably some good advice but I doubt you'll take it. I take my sons hound hunting all the time, we love it. We have a great time and they are excited by it but I also explain the reponsiblities involved and the importance of respecting other hunters, landowners, and the law. I can't imagine ever displaying in front of them, or anyone for that matter, the type of attitude you have displayed here. It's disgraceful and I would be ashamed for setting the bar so low and being such a poor example of a sportsman.

But hey that's just me.