HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dog hunting outlaws
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:29 AM
rafsob
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

ORIGINAL: crenshaw

They also still hunt while there dog hunting, hence being called a stander when the dogs are released.
Had this happen to me the other day. I was on private property and teh dogs were running on the next piece of property. I have no problem with that and the owner doesn't mind either. But this day I saw a hunter with gun standing in a corner of the property and I went over to him. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was hunting. I asked him if he had the owners permission and he then said he was looking for his dogs. He started to get nasty with me and it was then that I flashed my badge at him and he got a little calmer. I told him if he didn't want to get arrested he should get off this property. And I told him that if he wanted to find his dog that he should do it next time without a gun in his hand.

This is not the first time this has happened to me while in the woods. This is the reason why I have bad feelings for dog hunting in Va. and if someone tells me that I am a come here one more time...