VA walk in the woods

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA walk in the woods

Old 02-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default VA walk in the woods

Just an FYI.

Went for a walk yesterday behind the house to set up a camera and look for some sheds.
When I came home my daughter pointed out a bug crawling on my shirt. A deer tick.
These buggers are out already. Whats the deal? Is this out of the ordinary????????????
Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: VA walk in the woods

I thinkthis warm weather is the culprit. I hate the damned things and wish they would all die off. Between the ticksand the chiggers, you could go nuts.

I gotsick last year so bad that I thoughtI had Lyme disease. I had allthe symptoms and got scared. Had allthe tests done and it came back negative, thank God. It isasy to go out andtry to turkey hunt and come back loaded with dozens of the litter critters. Makes ya think twice about goingout intothe woods and enjoying yourself!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dean we've had them ALL over us and the dogs this past week. It's the warm temps no doubt. I pulled 11 off me in Loudon earlier in the week and 3 yesterday. Not to count how many I pulled off the dogs. Never had to Frontline in Jan./Feb. until this year, I swear it's getting warmer and warmer each year...
Old 02-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

not 100% sure how accurate this is, but I'd assume that if the warm weather brings them out early and then it frosts again later on, then the extremely cold weather will kill them off and we won't have to worry as much about them in the summer...I know a few years ago we saw a couple ticks realllly early, then it frosted and we didn't see annnyyyy during the summer, I asked my grandad about it and he said it could attributed to this....
Old 02-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

not 100% sure how accurate this is, but I'd assume that if the warm weather brings them out early and then it frosts again later on, then the extremely cold weather will kill them off and we won't have to worry as much about them in the summer...I know a few years ago we saw a couple ticks realllly early, then it frosted and we didn't see annnyyyy during the summer, I asked my grandad about it and he said it could attributed to this....
That's what I always thought too until this past summer, they were horrible. I'm skeptical about this year, if they're 1/2 as bad as last year we're in trouble.