Virginia Dog Hunting >

Virginia Dog Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Dog Hunting

Old 01-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Spike

Default RE: Virginia Dog Hunting

The seeds have been planted my friends!! Bigg, great idea!! I think that if we get the right people to join and voice their concerns in this matter, we as a group can bring about reform faster. I also don't want to eliminate deer dogging all together, however it is time for change. I hunt a small area owned by family and have permission to hunt the property next to theirs. Over the last six years I have had still hunts/stand hunts ruined by deer dogs. It's to the point that I will drive to the nearest WMA ( that don't allow dogs) just so I can have a quiet hunt and let the deer move as they would normally. I have hunted with ethical runners who truly care for their dogs. We were on 600 acres and it was organized, safe, and fun. However we clearly have a problem with the unethical dog hunters. I have witnessed first hand some very disturbing behavior from the bad apples. Dogger69 you clearly sound like your on the side of reform without elimination, as I am. I believe it is Georgia that has a 1000 acre rule. i support that among other reforms. I could go on, like spending my last two hours of my last day hunting this year looking for a deer shot by dog runners who didn't.
No offense Bigg but maybe it could be called Hunt Dog Reform Alliance. We would not want to be confused with or aligned with VDHA. HDRA all the way, or what ever is decided. This could be huge! Bring together all the parties that have concerns. The still/stand hunters, the land owners fed up with trespass, the ethical dog hunter and the general public. Anyway, thanks for listening! CYA!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:13 AM

I hope all of you don't take your frustrations out on all hound hunters. We are not all like the so called hound hunters that have been stirring so much on the different web sites!
Many of us are ethical responsible hunters and houndsman that know there are issues that need to be looked at because of some rouges among us that are making ALL hunters look bad!

Everyone needs to contact their House of Delegate members TODAY! Ask them to OPPOSE - VOTE NO on House bill #1352 (Restructure DGIF Board) EVEN IF THEY DID RECIEVE MANEY FROM CSA PAC/ VA Hunting Dog Alliance for their campain!

This is the worst thought out bill I have ever seen! It will unseat all of the current DGIF Board Members THEN up to 3 can be appointed from the same congressional District! That means all you duck hunters may have a DGIF Board Member that lives in the mountains that has never seen a duck representing you in Richmond!
AND that also means the deer hound hunting region may be represented by someone who lives West of the Blue Ridge that knows nothing about hunting with hounds at all!

THIS IS A REAL BRIGHT IDEA- by VHDA, trying to stack the deck but they either do not realize or do not care that it will backfire on ALL HUNTERS!

CONTACT your House of Delegate Member, TODAY - VOTE NO on hb#1352

huntwalkers

JUST because they have a hound dog - THAT don't make them a HOUNDSMAN[/align]
Old 01-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Huntwalkers,

I respect your position and the fact that although you hound hunt you acknowledge there are problems and it needs review. Your point about VHDA stacking the deck does not surprise me. They have been on a major campaign to recruit as many as they can under the title of representing all hunters yet they oppose Sunday Hunting. Same as VDHA they solicit everyone's suppose but do not support all hunters. Your word of caution is more true now than ever.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: huntwalkers

I hope all of you don't take your frustrations out on all hound hunters. We are not all like the so called hound hunters that have been stirring so much on the different web sites!
Many of us are ethical responsible hunters and houndsman that know there are issues that need to be looked at because of some rouges among us that are making ALL hunters look bad!

Everyone needs to contact their House of Delegate members TODAY! Ask them to OPPOSE - VOTE NO on House bill #1352 (Restructure DGIF Board) EVEN IF THEY DID RECIEVE MANEY FROM CSA PAC/ VA Hunting Dog Alliance for their campain!

This is the worst thought out bill I have ever seen! It will unseat all of the current DGIF Board Members THEN up to 3 can be appointed from the same congressional District! That means all you duck hunters may have a DGIF Board Member that lives in the mountains that has never seen a duck representing you in Richmond!
AND that also means the deer hound hunting region may be represented by someone who lives West of the Blue Ridge that knows nothing about hunting with hounds at all!

THIS IS A REAL BRIGHT IDEA- by VHDA, trying to stack the deck but they either do not realize or do not care that it will backfire on ALL HUNTERS!

CONTACT your House of Delegate Member, TODAY - VOTE NO on hb#1352

huntwalkers

JUST because they have a hound dog - THAT don't make them a HOUNDSMAN
[/align]
Your entire statement is BS.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:29 PM

YOU AREWRONG HOKIEMAN,

The only BS I see on these internet sites are lies being put out by the internet mouthpiece of VHDA. I have been exposing this group for what it is (political fund raising group) around the entire state NOW I have found you on the internet!!!!

I am encouraging ALL hunters to take part in the DGIF hound study to preserve our future!
I will not be part of ANY organization that has to fabricate stories and tell lies about the DGIF Board Members to get others to go along!
It's time for all of the ethical houndsman of VA to clean up hound hunting, For those of you SO CALLED HOUND HUNTERS that can't respect others. I expect you will have more time to bash people on the internet because change is coming and it's going to be HUNT RIGHT or DON'T HUNT!

EVERYONE: Contact your Legislators TODAY and ask them to VOTE NO on House bill# 1352 (The VHDA Bill)

huntwalkers

JUST because they have a hound dog, That Don't make them Houndsman!
Old 01-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntwalkers,
Good to hear from you. We don't hate all dog hunters, just the lying ones like hokiman! You really shouldn't even waste your time arguing with him. I do like your pet name for him though... "mouthpiece!" I think I'll start addressing him that way...
Good luck to you and all other responsible dog hunters.
KP
Old 01-31-2008, 03:43 PM

If Hokieman and the VHDA are for it, then something is fishy. They complain about stacking the deck, but they'd try to bribe their way into heaven if they could! What a bunch. I'll get everyone in my club and everyone I know to vote against it. I'll even call some anti's if I can think of any. JJEESSSHHH.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:00 PM

NOT ONLY ARE THEY FOR IT!

THIS IS VHDA's "Ace in the Hole" as they have called it on some sites!

I don't know how to forward pages but you can go to the State Board of Elections website
http://www.sbe.virginia.gov

AND you will see that Commonwealth Sportsmen's Alliance gave about 5 of these legislators $250 each for their campaign!

If $250 is all it takes to get something done in Richmond maybe everyone should just do that when we want our hunting regulations changed!!

CALL & EMAIL your Legislators- TODAY VOTE NO on house bill #1352

huntwalkers

JUST because they have a hound dog, That DON'T make them a Houndsman!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

[:-]
Old 01-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

cut and paste

Quick Reply: Virginia Dog Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.