Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 If we met in the woods in No VA today, let me explain... >

If we met in the woods in No VA today, let me explain...

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

If we met in the woods in No VA today, let me explain...

Old 10-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default If we met in the woods in No VA today, let me explain...

This is a special message to the knucklehead that I met in the woods today,who just by chance, might be reading this…

If we met in the woods today in Northern VA while bowhunting, let me explain why I would not give you permission to hunt on my land.

1 - Don't trespass on posted land.

2 -Don't poach deer – regardless of sex or age.

3 - Don't litter – that 7/11 coffee cup had to be yours; it wasn’t more than a day old. I’m just assuming that all those other beer cans, soda bottles, coffee cups, cigarette butts, and sardine cans were yours.

4 - Yes, I know it was raining, but where the hell do you get off smoking in MY woods when the governor has banned all outdoor fires due to the drought?

5 - Don't drive steel spikes into a tree and build a permanent tree stand in a tree that doesn’t belong to you, on land that doesn’t belong to you, and without permission.
[ol][/ol]
AND FINALLY

6 - DON'T ask for permission to hunt on private, posted land while the land owner was throwing your butt off for trespassing.
[ol][/ol]

I meant what I said, next time, I’m calling the sheriff.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: If we met in the woods in No VA today, let me explain...

Way to go vulture! Don't let a poacher hunt your land. I hate people like that![:@]
Old 10-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

you should have taken his picture and posted it here
Old 10-26-2007, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll 2nd that. I'm always looking to meet new VA hunters, I bowhunt NOVA lets get together!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

That's bad to hear, it's already hard enough to find land to hunt where you reside with this foolish act!.. I've been outtwice this season in Orange on an invite and have permission to hunt this 20 acres, however the drive isn't one I like to venture alone but I have too because the owner wou't allow me to bring a friend or two I have to respect that.

I choose not to hunt Quantico because I don't feel like waiting to pull my area I've hunted constantly over the years. The only place I ever hunted in NOVA since 93 since most of the area has beome more developed. It would such an honor to meet others in the area to hunt with as I've adopted a few military personnel this year and introduced them to bow hunting as a way of life. They have a small piece of property that's so thick you can barely see15 yards. However it gives me an opportunity to hunt along with them in warrenton I've seen two deer within the 5 acre track.

Have a masonic brother of mine who lives in federicksburg who owns 5 acres loaded with deer, hunted there one day seen several deer none came within range, the following day he called and said we had to shut down operationsm someone told his home association someone was hunting[:@]as he thought it would be fine since it was his land no other house around within 2500 feet to his left all the other land was his. bummer that's life. So I say people who trespass etc. makes life bad for all, then have he audacity to ask for permission once busted says it all!

Hey Cool I'll accept any invitation available, I'm off Thur, Fri and Sat'sjust introduced these same two Military friends I work withto Smoke Pipe hunting with any luck I'll be headed up near Nelson county Nov. 10 for the opener of ML quitea drive but hey it's somewhere too hunt.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:08 AM

I can't belive the audacity some people have. You probably should have found out who he was (assuming you didn't) because it's the knuckleheads like that who don't have any sense of what's right and wrong who are more likely to do some vandalizing or other mischeif to get even with you because he probably feels you done him wrong. We all know you probably did him a big favor by hoping he learned a lesson without involving the law.

I have a house on a lake. Our house is about 400 feet from the lake up a slight hill through a wooded area. I got a permit and built a pier. I walked down to my pier one day and there was a man sitting on it fishing. He had a cooler with beer and had moved my wife's bench from the shadetrees onto the pier and was sitting on it. I walked onto the pier and said hello. I obviously startled him as he commenced to cussing and scolding me for scaring the fish. Then he had the audacity to tell me, and I'm not kidding: "Do you know this is private property bud?"

So I ran him off. The whole time he was packing his stuff up he kept telling me that it wasn't right, that I didn't have to be such an a****le. "Not everyone can afford to live on the lake, what are we supposed to do?" Which was so ironic because he was willing to bluff me to try to run me off.

BTW, I have never turned anyone down who has asked to fish on my pier. I figure anyone who is willing to do the research to find out who it belongs to and ask first has taken the intitative to do the right thing and will probably not be a problem.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Where in No. Va was this? I've recentlyheard some poaching allegations in my area.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

What does No. VA mean???
Old 10-27-2007, 09:31 PM

Northern Virginia..........
Old 10-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

coolbrze, if i remember right you bowhunt in clifton? just wonderering were at because i also hunt in clifton too and just trying to get you take on the season so far.

Quick Reply: If we met in the woods in No VA today, let me explain...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.