Okies - Check In!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Okies - Check In!

PM on the way.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

got a doe friday at thunderbird,seen two small bucks one friday one sunday,let them walk. wish i took my camera seen a huge owl and one coyote he also got thefree pass.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 AM

Nice job on the doe buck-i. I like to have a camera with me too. I have gotten a few good pictures.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 PM

getting ready to head out for the weekend... our spot is just north of stringtown. the ranch manager down there said that he has seen the bucks already chasing... ill give everyone an update of monday of what our group does and sees...
Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

buck-i

during blackpowder is Thunderbird relatively quite? I may get some time to go out on Sunday. My wife is going to an affair of the heart and I have to watch our little one all day so I can use that for leverage.
I checked out the north east portion of the lake. It looks incredibly thick out there, should I even attempt to bring out a ground blind or stick to the trees?
Old 10-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

dav,i stay in the trees but i have never used a blind except natural cover a tree and brush. ,shot another doe sat.around noon it weighed 82 pounds had a small buck sneak in behind me about twenty yards he must of caught my leg moving..
today i seen one little six point small body and another deer not sure it was in the thick dark stuff, no big bucks yet.
it wasn't busy at all this weekend at thunderbird..should of gave me a ring i would of took you out and put you in a tree. its was a good mile and three tenths walk today.
when gun and muzzleloader comes around the hunting pressure drops greatly
Old 10-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

I have my reserve weekend this coming weekend,but I would love to get out there. When is the next time your headed out there?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

i go every sat and sunday any time of the day and sometimes on fridays in the evenings..new job killing my hunting time.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

I think I am going to take off work on friday and head out to Thunderbird. My wife and I just had a little girl on the 12th so all of my free time has been spent with her and the kiddo. Are there any areas that are better than others? I have a hang on stand im going to bring out there, have you had a problem leaving stands up for a few days. I cant wait till after the season and walmart clearances thier hunting gear, im gonna pick up a climber.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

if you need a climber i got two,really four bou two are left at the place i went sunday.
i have a summit viper or ol'man original.
my favorite place is 84th and tecumseh but for easy hunting 108th and lindsey you can hunt real close to the car and see deer .
just go to highway 9 and 108th turn left or north,
go 1 mile first intersection is lindsey,
turn left or west go 1 mile, the road turns north
stop here and park just on thedirt path about fifty yards in.
walk back to the road,turn andgo straight into woods should be walking south.
walk about 80ty yards it opens up a little. look for trees to climb .deer use this area all the time.
after you hunt you might see my deer dolly tracks some good hunting across the creek in there.

Quick Reply: Okies - Check In!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.