Florida Buck Signs? >

Florida Buck Signs?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Buck Signs?

Old 10-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Florida Buck Signs?

a freind of mine has killed 2 real nice bucks with his can ....i had one come in when i was grunted and doing the can, but i never got a shot....they are all rialed up here.....
Old 10-31-2007, 06:46 PM

Went to jumper creek today. Found 2 fresh rubs. One already had a stand near it. Its hard hunting wmas Everybody and their brothers already been through. You find a good trail find a couple rubs get excited look up and its already beentaped off going out to a different way in. Also you cant tell how old the tape is. Everybody should start dating their tape. Anyhow im gonna try to hunt the second rub, the first nine days,its been taped off twice but one set looks about 3 years old and the other possibly last year or early this year. Lots of hog sign on the other side of the wma.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

jumper creekis nice but hard hunting. with only 2 roads in the entire w.m.a., most people hunt close. if you beat the brush and get atleast 3/4 of a mile away from the roads, you'll find more deer sign and less human sign. also look at the tree's good. you can see where the water level normaly is. don't count on hunting an area all year long if it's in a swamp, if we get some good rain your area might be unaccessible.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 AM

Im gonna go back out this weekend and see if i cant get out a little farther and find some more deer sign. Your right about the water coming up. I seen a couple trees with tape on them that were surounded by water. This will be my second year hunting didnt have any luck last year for general gun. I Decided to pick up a bow to get more time in the woods this year. Ive seen a lot of deer this year just not any bucks. hopefully ill get my first deer before the end of the season.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Spike

AS OF 10.30.07 ..RUT IS ON....AT LEAST NORTH OF OCALA...
BUCKS ARE CHASING AND FIGHTING
HAD A REAL SHOW LAST TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDSDAY MORNING