South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Buck limit in Alabama

Old 05-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Buck limit in Alabama

Yeah, I think that this 3 buck rule will be good too, just as long as they can enforce it. They have yet to determine how they will keep track of it, whether by tags, a punch license, etc. They will also have to hire more than 1 or 2 wardens per county! I appreciate the offer! We have some good deer on our property, it just seems every year, when my sons offf from school around x-mas, it's warm, stormy weather! Not the greatest conditions for deer hunting in late dec., early Jan. He has taken some does, so he's doing good! We're in Wilcox co. near Pine Hill, where are you at?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:31 AM

Ill go ahead and tell you from my experience from of living in AL and hunting all my life, the best time to kill a big buck is the bow season and the first weekend of rifle, the are still bachlored up and very easy to kill in pastures and corn if you have any. At least for the past 4 years ai have seen 5-10 bucks every time i go. I hunt in Fitzpatrick and also have a farm on lake martin.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I see a lot of deer during bow season and Black powder, 1st week of gun, but as soon as them guns start going off, they go into hiding! I hope that they also do something that they were talking about doing if they went to antler restrictions and that is extending the season so that we can hunt the "real rut" in February! That would be huge! I've been turkey hunting in March and seen some pretty nice bucks chasing does for the past 3 years!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

It is about time this happened but like most you i wiould like to see this enforced. I would also like to see a rule brought in that you have to shoot a doe before you can kill a buck. that would help out to.
As for having1 or 2 Wardens per county that sucks, I was taliking a friend while fishing last weekend and he was saying that they should legalise the use of corn for a certian fee, put that money towards more wardens. lets face it where i live probably 75% of the people hunt over corn, i hacve left 2 clubs now because of it. I have was hunting a green feild were i had seen a good buck and some big does. either i would have been happy with, they came into the feild and stoped right on the edge, no surprise, this lasted 35mins, then they left, next morning after thinking abiout that for a while i went back to the field and there was a hudge pile of corn.....CORN ON A GREEN FIELD...whats next. needless to say i would have felt bad if had shoot one of those deer.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

They'll never legalize corn! They make more money with it being illegal than if they charged a fee. 2 years ago it was in the paper that corn violations alone accounted for over $500,000.00 in fines. I know someone who was caught and it costed him almost $500. They have plenty of money to hire more game officers, I pay $250 for a license....!!!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

It aint the FL boys who are playing vietnam in Conechu Co...it's all the local AL boys that shoot everything that moves! Us FL boys are the only ones with a management program of any kind.Ifwe wanted to play war we would hunt the managment areas here in FL.Most of us go to AL to get away from that!

Saw where someone said they hunt in Fitzpatrick. I killed my 1st hog in Fitzpatrick a few weekends ago on a buddies place with my bow.He isinidated with them. If it will cool off a little (get back in the 80's)I'm going back after another!Fun stuff.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

OK now, one person makes a little bit of a bad comment and you blame all us Bama folks? HMMMM, honestly sorta p*sses me off, but think what u want, i know one thing, i wont be talking about anyone because they are from a certian state....
Old 06-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Ok ok...I'm not blaming all of you. Justsome certain bad apples around where we hunt and no game wardens to do anything about it. I'm a bama boy at heart my self...well a Auburn boy. I grew up here in nwfl and after graduating from Auburn I spent 5 years in Bham. I would still be there if I didn't get Screw sheed by Sir Richard. Unfortunatly I was working for his former company when it tooktook the fall. Decided to move back here to the coast. I appologize for discriminating.

Just for the record I was put in the same category as a FL boy just a few post up.