Buck limit in Alabama >

Buck limit in Alabama

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Buck limit in Alabama

Old 05-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Buck limit in Alabama

I saw on the news last night that AL will probably have a 3 buck limit this year. It has to be approved by the game commission at their annual meeting later this summer. The report said that the first two bucks could be any size and the third had to be 4 points or better on one side (7 point buck). The report said that the doe limits would be unchanged (2 a day or 1 doe and 1 buck) for most areas of the state. It's about time. There are too many hogs out there that have been taking 10, 15, or even 20 bucks a year regardless of size and letting does walk. Come on guys, let some of the little ones grow up. My 2 cents
Old 05-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Buck limit in Alabama

In a way I would agree, but there are too many deer, both doesand bucks, in the areas I hunt. One afternoon last year a friend and I saw 23 young bucks in the same afternoon on a 60 acre tract of land. IMHO a better idea would be to open Feb. to does only and keep the rest of the season like it is.
Not a lot of people shoot 20 or so deer. I know one guy that, for several years, shot 40+ a year for several years trying to get a handle on the population, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

how would they actually enforce this tho? i mean.. its not like anyone is gonna say.. well this is the 4th buck i have taken.. unless they give out tags.. then i would be screwed cause i would lose them.. lol
Old 05-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

It's about time they did something towards limiting bucks in my book. Is it the best answer????...there are probably better ways but they can work those issues out as they go. Either way it's a step in the right direction. There are way to many people that shoot every horn that steps out. All the clubs around us have spike rules...wooptidoo!What kind of management is that? Luckily most of the guys hold out for bigger deer but they might as well not even have a rule established if all they are going to do is pass on spikes...so he's going to be a 4pt or maybe a small 6 next year...Wow...

I've seen alot of people complaining about the law. Ask them how many does they shot last year? 9 out of 10 will tell you 2 or less. Nobody wants to shoot does.That is the main reason for this law...tothin the does out. If everyone would thin them out they wouldn't have to limit thebucks. One of the biologist I talked with also mentioned that this was a step towards extending the season. Getting the enforcement in place was the 1st step and then they will re visit the issue. With limiting the # of bucks there won't be a massive killing of bucks during the rut. That was his thought process anyways.

As for the enforcement with the increase on instate hunting licenses and the 9.9mil that the fed gave them they are fixing to start hiring alot more wardens. It will be interesting to see what they come up with as far as managing the system.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:33 PM

Hopefully this will keep the FL boys from shooting the hell out of 1 1/2 year old deer.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:34 PM

It sounds like damn Vietnam in Bullock county because of them.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

Hopefully this will keep the FL boys from shooting the hell out of 1 1/2 year old deer.

It sounds like damn Vietnam in Bullock county because of them.

cwqtahoe, I don't want to get in a pissing match with you, but I have been hunting in Alabam four 13 years now and have NEVER taken 3 bucks in a single season, and I don't believe I know of any of my Florida club members in those 13 years taking more than 3. I think that it is unfair that you single out "fl boys" as to shooting every 1 1/2 yr old buck! I know of plenty Al boys that see brown and shoot! I'm not saying that there aren't Fl boys that do shoot everything brown with four legs, because I have kicked a few out of our club for it, but what I am saying is that Al boys do it, Ga boys do it, Ms boys do it, and I even have know a guy from Ark that has done it. Don't just single out us Fl boys, cause we both know it has nothing to do with the state you're from! By the way I do harvest a number of does and have made my son pass up spikes the past 2 years. He hasn't got his first buck yet! Hope you'll understand!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

I think this is a good idea, as for now. To many does in my neck of the woods here in Alabama. But I would like to see how this new law will be enforced.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:21 PM

Well bring him to my place where we only take a few mature deer a year and i would love to get him his first buck. Email me anytime, no problem
Old 05-28-2007, 09:28 PM

if this law is passedits thebest thing that will happen to AL in a while when it come to deer. We need to get the good ole boys to realize how much betterslicks taste than 4 points and 6 points. No offense to FL hunters i have a lot of friends that are from the gulf area that come up and hunt with me every year and they take some nice deer. You just dont have the resources that we do in AL with deer so i kinda understand. You come all the way up from AL with yourgear and gas and fourwheelers and you want to take something back. Different Strokes for different folks. Maybewe just need to do a little more management in hunters ed classes.

Quick Reply: Buck limit in Alabama

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.