AL has 3 buck season limit

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

AL has 3 buck season limit

Old 08-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default AL has 3 buck season limit

Hey you AL deer nutz!
I just heard about this. Is is true? What's your feeling on this new move? I think it might be a good thing for improving the quality fo the hear, but I only deer hunt in AL once every other year or so.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: AL has 3 buck season limit

Yep it is true. There is a thread about this probably on page 8 or so by now. I picked up a reg book the other day and glimpsed thru it, but I didn't see anything abaout tags or other means of the wardens keeping up with the number killed. Its probably like the 5 limit turkey, honesty rule. I'll dig it out of the truck and double check.... I don't see how it is going to be a big changer of the deer herd's quality. Hunters are still going to sit there passing up doe after doe waiting for a big buck to come out. The only way it will work is to have a few weeks of doe only hunting.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

The game and fish personnel came up with a simple fill in the blank Antlered Buck and Turkey Harvest Record form you are suppose to fill out immediately after shooting your game and before field dressing or moving the carcass. I got one today, and I guess all the sellers of license will have them available. I don' see how they would be very much help in the case of someone that wanted to violate the buck limit as they are not numbered, just a copy that is easily duplicated..
Old 08-11-2007, 09:30 PM

Honor system...almost. I'ver never killed more than 3 bucks a year anyways, and never will it seems.!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

I really like the idea of limiting the number of bucks--as long as they increase the number of does for a while--If i knowed that for the rest of my hunting time that all i hadto look forward to was killing raghorns--I would probaly take up bird watching or something--