NC sunday hunting >

NC sunday hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

NC sunday hunting

Old 01-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default NC sunday hunting

http://www.ncwildlife.org/news_stories/pg00_NewsRelease/SundayHuntingSummary2007.pdf

We can hang it up. Isn't going to happen.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NC sunday hunting

Same here in Virginia....

HB1639 (Sunday hunting 12:00pm - Sunset) was instantly killed in the General Assembly,because it garnered such lack of support and resentment, because it would be in direct violation with separation of church and state.

HB2303 was tabled, because the G.A. doesn't want to deal with it - even though the Virginia's DGIF has overwhelming support, based on the recent survey (62% support Sunday hunting, 34% don't). But mostly, because nobody had surveyed ALL constituents within Virginia about Sunday hunting. (i.e.. from what I understand, there are 300,000 hunters in Virginia, and we got our voices heard. BUT... there are over 5.8 million people in Virginia and good proportion are not hunters.)

Long story short... Virginia STILL doesn't have Sunday hunting!!!!!!! [:@]

Butch A.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

Sunday....Hunting......in the BIBLE BELT......yea right.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: FirstBow
Tell me about it.... [:@][:'(][&o]

I actually had a person say this to me one time: "Going hunting on Sunday? No, no, no, heavens no... You should be in church on Sunday". I was shocked... I was like, "excuuuuuuuse me?" Then I thought better of getting in to a vicious arguement in public, so I just shook my head, walked away, and said, "Oh well, so much for Separation of Church and State"!!!! [:'(]

Butch A.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's good news!!! Thanks...I had been on the site earlier today to see if there were any new developments...
Old 01-29-2007, 08:08 PM

Private land in SC got it just recently.
GA has had it for some time.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: FirstBow

All y'all have to do in huntingcamp is bow yourheads and ask the Lord Jesusto Bless the fellowship and to keep everyone safe and toShepperd them on the hunt!

Matt.18:20
[20] For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Gen.9:
[3] Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many of you have not heard from me, but I know many that have from being in touch with me from other sources. I got these email addresses from the NC Sunday Hunting website. This year there is more movement regarding Sunday hunting than we have had in many years, but not all of it is good. As many of you know, the legislature authorized the Wildlife Commission to do a “study” last year on Sunday hunting, which will be presented to the legislature this session, which has just started.

The study, with few exceptions, was not very favorable, and the commission is submitting it with “no recommendation.” It seems that if you put some horseback riders, birdwatchers, preachers, and bicycle riders along with a hunter or two in a room and ask them if they think the law should be changed, the response is not very favorable. Well DUH!!!

A lot of people weren’t happy about the lottery either, but it passed. If we don’t get vocal about Sunday hunting the issue is going to dry up in the face of this “report” and it will be years before we have any chance of repealing this law. It may not be very favorable, but at least the legislature is talking about it.

Please read the email below, and read and save the attachments. One other point I don’t think I put in the attachments, the study makes a big case that Sunday hunting won’t work economically because we will need more game wardens and additional licenses won’t pay for them. That’s hogwash because we need a certain number on Sunday anyway to oversee fishing, boating, trapping AND lawless poachers who hunt on Sunday. It’s only logical, therefore, that the new people hunting are law abiding hunters who have not hunted on Sunday before and they don’t need additional enforcing effort.

Most importantly: Call your state reps and senator, email ‘em, go see them if you can. I did just that and got a favorable result. I promise you those guys (and gals) sit up there in those legislative office building just waiting to hear from someone. Use the arguments in the things I’ve attached. I think they are compelling because they are just plain right. Follow up and ask for status reports every few weeks. Let me know what your rep or senator says.

One other point I don’t think I put in the attachments, the study makes a big case that Sunday hunting won’t work economically because we will need more game wardens. That’s hogwash because we need a certain number on Sunday anyway to oversee fishing, boating, trapping AND lawless poachers who hunt on Sunday anyway. It’s only logical, therefore, that the new people hunting are law abiding who have not hunted on Sunday before and they don’t need additional enforcing effort.

Next most is contact every hunter you know who wants to change this law, give them this information, and ask them to do the same.

Third is have them email or mail their contact info to me so I can keep everyone posted. I prefer email, but will mail if needed, and hunters are very bad about changing emails and not notifying me, and contact is lost. Make sure you keep me posted of any changes in your address. I’m sure plenty of these emails will bounce back, and I may or may not have any other way to contact you.

Good luck to us all.

Art Manning
138 Aleah Court
Clayton, North Carolina 27520-5854

phone: 919.553.9988
fax: 919.550.0950
cell: 919.868.6016
email: [email protected]
[/align]
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:23 AM
Subject: Sunday Hunting

FYI – I met yesterday with my state rep James Langdon. I think this is his second term. At first he seemed hostile to my asking him to support Sunday hunting, he listened but did not crack a smile or say anything. Most of his district is rural and there is not much support for it. I went through all the reasons I’ve given in my letters and handouts, and by the end of the meeting, about 30 minutes, he said that because of the lack of support from most of his constituents, he would not introduce a bill. However, he said the reasons I gave were compelling and that if someone introduced such a bill, he would not oppose it. My senator Fred Smith will hear from me next.

The reasons I gave him are in these attachments, I need everyone to call their reps and senators and use these arguments and get this going. Some of you have expressed appreciation for me spearheading this effort, but at best I’m just a little tiny point. All of ya’ll have to be the spear.

Keep me posted of whose for us and whose against us. Also, its your choice, but I think the term “recreational activity” as opposed to “sport” works better, ie “Hunting is the only recreational activity that is against the law one day a week.”

Please read the handout attached. You can email it to others or print it front and back 10 to a page to give to others. Please call your state rep and senator. We need all the calls we can get. Tell other supporters to give me their contact info.

Also, I have attached instructions on how to do signatures and v-cards like what’s on this email. Please forward it to other Sunday hunters and ask them to send me their info in a v-card. The v-card is handy because it can be opened and saved to contacts without retyping or cutting and pasting. Saves me a LOT of typing.

Thanks and stay in touch, Art

Ps – some of you may get this stuff twice. Some of it is due to a duplication of some entries in my data base. If you get it twice, let me know.

Art Manning
138 Aleah Court
Clayton, North Carolina 27520-5854

phone: 919.553.9988
fax: 919.550.0950
cell: 919.868.6016
email: [email protected]
Old 02-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am a hunter...Have been all my life...I am against Sunday hunting...
Old 02-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

I am a hunter...Have been all my life...I am against Sunday hunting...
Say what?!??!

....must hold back....must not go off....must not post anything I'll regret....
Aaaaaaaaaaagh, I can't do it!!!!

nchawkeye, how can you say you're a hunter, when you wouldn't want to have an extra day in the outdoors doing what you like to do? By saying what you just said, you are supporting an old colonial blue law that denies the rest of us the opportunity to hunt when there are other days when we can't!!!! [:@]

Butch A.

Quick Reply: NC sunday hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.